Sign in to follow this  
davemoppert

Adding Carousel to the site makes the background image disappear...

davemoppert

This has happened on another website of mine before... but when I drag the carousel into the footer, the the background image disappears... what gives? You can see the site here: http://personalbestspeakers.com

catrina

If you dragged the carousel into another template area (other than the footer), does problem persist?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

davemoppert

Yeah. Ive dragged it into the content area, the more foot area and the footer area all with the same result... :(

catrina

Strange. Can you try deactivating your other active plugins to see if the problem persists?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

davemoppert

Already tried that :/

Danny

Hi Dave, Are you using the option SuperSize background ? Also, this is happening because you do not have your Carousel setup correctly and therefore, it is causing this error. 2Uncaught Error: jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting... So all you need to do is setup the Carousel correctly, I think your issue may be cause by not setting any of the options.

Please search our forums, before posting!

davemoppert

Looks like that was the culprit! Thanks for the help! I just reset the default settings for the carousel and BAM - works like a charm. :)

jfusek2

I just uncovered the same problem. When I put the carousel in the content area, the main part of the carousel is in place but then it extends this black/grey bar (the same height as the carousel) to the background of the site. I had the problem of the background image disappearing but then took it out of the super size feature. The background image is fine but the black/gray bar is still there. I reset the meta for the carousel to default - actually removed it and reset it - same issue.