Sign in to follow this  
jannon

How to restrict pagelines and content template from showing to user role

jannon

HI, I'm using PageLines with Advanced Access Manager and custom post types. I am able to restrict PageLines metabox from showing on regular pages and posts but not on custom post types. When I go to AAM and select metaboxes and then "visual" (custom post type), a PageLines metabox does not appear but it does for regular pages and posts. I emailed the developer of AAM about this and what follows is our email thread. Hi Jan, Looks like PageLines metabox is some custom development. And it was implemented incorrectly. Contact your developer to verify that issue. Regards, Vasyl On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Jan Shannon wrote: Hi I'm trying to restrict the PageLines page layout metabox from displaying in a custom post type but an option to restrict this does not appear in the metabox section of AAM. There is an option to restrict PageLines from posts or pages but not my custom post types. Is there a way I can restrict a user role from seeing this? thanks, Jan

catrina

I'm not sure there is an immediate way to restrict a specific user role from seeing the custom post types, but I found documentation on how to add a capability specific to the post type and it comes with a list of how to use it register_post_type page: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_post_type

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jannon

Hi Catrina, I'm not sure we are understanding each other. I have already restricted certain roles from seeing custom post types but what I want is to restrict certain roles from seeing the pagelines meta settings at the bottom of a custom post type. I'm including a link to my dropbox so you can see a few screenshots. There are two screenshots that are taken while using AAM. You can see that I have the option to restrict PageLines metabox from regular posts but on the other AAM screenshot where "Visual" is selected which is a custom post type, the option to restrict is not available. I also included a screenshot of the Visual custom post type edit screen so you can see how the meta settings show up at the bottom. Here's the link to my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/io1zy8zuecogwe8/gmIrf8juyh Let me know if this helps to diagnose problem. thanks again, Jan

Rob

Jan, I don't know if it would prevent the PageLines Meta settings being visible, but most of the other should be hidden through a plugin called "Dashboard Commander" available free through http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur