Sign in to follow this  
jonthompson

Menu CSS position sub-sub item and sub-sub-sub item

jonthompson

First: you guys rock Second: Check out the Menu item Discover. I have sub items and sub-sub items and sub-sub-sub items. I edited the nav sections.php to =>4; Now all the items appear, but I want it all to open to the left because the menu is so far right. I am using firebug but cant seem to move the menu item 'The Barringtons'. I successfully moved the sub items of The Barringtons to the left with this: .navbar .dropdown-menu { margin-right: 250px; } but that doesn't fix 'The Barringtons' menu Item. Does anyone have the right css? I can't seem to find it.

batman

Hi You can try

.navbar .navline.pull-right { float: left;}
then you can try to move it as with
.navbar .navline.pull-right { margin-left:50px; }

modify px as you like

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

jonthompson

Thanks batman but those rules move the menu bar and not the sub menu items. the rules are right, I just need the right objects now :) this may help: http://i.imgur.com/9y7N5.png

Rob

Jon, try this:

.dropdown-menu {
	    background-clip: padding-box;
	    background-color: #FFFFFF;
	    border-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
	    border-style: solid;
	    border-width: 1px;
	    box-shadow: 0 5px 10px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
	    float: left;
	    left: 0;
	    margin: 0 0 0 -20px;
	    list-style: none outside none;
	    min-width: 260px;
	    padding: 4px 0;
	    position: absolute;
	    text-align: left;
	    top: 100%;
	    z-index: 1000;
	}

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

batman

Uppsss I see this wiith firebug Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%25202012-08-22%2520a%2520la%2528s%2529%252019.54.48.jpg well you can try .

.navbar .navline.pull-right {margin-right: 250px !important;}

batman

The @rangelone??s solution is more better than mine ;)

Danny

Hi, Unfortunately, the Navbar which is based on Twitter Bootstrap doesn't support this. If you require this functionality you will need to replace the NavBar with Nav Classic.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jonthompson

@rangelone http://screencast.com/t/VU335r2p0l its getting closer, I am tweaking the margins and padding but nothing is working. But I think that code is the ticket somehow. @Danny Are you saying that CSS wont work on it? Nav classic instead of NavBar fixed? I need to keep the same look, feel, and functionality. How should I proceed?

catrina

If you use nav classic, you will need to alter the look and feel with CSS, but for functionality, that may require some tweaking goes beyond CSS customization.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Danny

Hi, What I meant is that you have customised the NavBar to allow grandchild drop down menu support. Unfortunately, by design Twitter Bootstrap doesn't support this grandchild functionality and neither does our NavBar section. As you can see on your site, all your drop down menus are appearing together. This would indicate that this type of customisation may require more than just CSS. Therefore, I recommend you either replace the Navbar, using the Nav Classic instead or you remove the customisation, along with changing the idea of how your navigation works. You could attempt to contact one of our Pros and see if they may be able to assist. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Please search our forums, before posting!