Sign in to follow this  
suerama

Permissions problem

suerama

Back in July I signed up for a Plus account but was unable to log into the Chat. I tried following your suggestions for a bit to troubleshoot this problem but got too busy to deal with it, so I finally quit my subscription before I ever used it to chat, and before I would be charged for it. Today, I downloaded MUD and was following instructions to install the DAT file but found myself at: http://kantalipsky.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=pagelines_account, where I got a wordpress error: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page. So I went to the forum to see what I should do about that, and then went to check my account to make sure I was properly logged in. I was. Here is what it says (I'm copy and pasting): Successfully logged in as "suerama" to PageLines with a secured connection. Developer edition enabled. Active Plus account. So then I went to Launchpad to see if there is any mention of my "Active Plus account" which I cancelled. I did not see anything listed under either products or subscriptions about a Plus account or membership. I emailed [email protected] and Stefan wrote that though I had cancelled my free membership was good until October, so that is fine. Stefan also wrote that it seemed I had a "big permissions problem" with my installation. He said the forum was the place to get help with this. I'm not sure which installation Stefan is talking about since I can't login to chat from at least two different client sites. I don't know if it is a Wordpress problem or a Pagelines issue or if the two problems are linked. Thanks!

catrina

A permissions problem is more of a WordPress issue (there are many other WordPress users who have faced the same problem). I searched around and found this solution to the problem: http://beconfused.com/2007/how-to-solve-you-do-not-have-sufficient-permissions-to-access-this-page-in-wordpress/. You may want to try it out and if it doesn't work, you can post about your issue in the WP support forum: http://wordpress.org/support/.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

suerama

Thanks, Catrina. That doesn't seem to address my issue. Please note that I do not have a general permissions problem, but only when I try to access this url which seems to be related to pagelines particularly: http://kantalipsky.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=pagelines_account I can however access all the general Wordpress controls, so I'm wondering if this is really one problem, related to my pagelines configuration. Please note that I still cannot log in to the Plus Chat, even though I am successfully logged into pagelines on these sites as an active Plus member. I would really appreciate help with this issue from pagelines. I don't know if the two are related or not.

suerama

I did manage to import the .dat file for MUD using the import/export button in the dashboard. But I still have some sort of problem with permissions that may or may not be related to the problem I have logging in to the pagelines Plus chat.

Rob

Suerama, I'm sorry for the confusion. Since you had Plus active for a period, the error is pulling a part of our records that showed you once had it. Your Plus is cancelled and if you'd like to restart it, please drop a note to [email protected] They'll be happy to work with you. The reason you cannot access Live is the fact that the Plus portion of your account shows "cancelled". Once that's resolved, you'll be able to use Live chat without difficulty.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

suerama

A couple of months ago I was an active Plus member I could not log into the chat even though I was clearly logged into my account. I kept getting another pop up window that asked for my password. The folks at [email protected] suggested a number of things I could try, but I didn't have time to troubleshoot. That is why I cancelled the Plus membership. I will try to do get Plus reinstalled soon, and see if I can gain access to Chat this time. I can log into the pagelines site http://kantalipsky.com/wp-admin with no trouble, and just about everything works totally fine. The only permissions issue I have had recently is this: I downloaded MUD and was following the Welcome screen instructions which told me to install the .dat file using a link :"here". Now "here" was a link that brought me to: http://kantalipsky.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=pagelines_account, where I got a wordpress error: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page. Perhaps that is not a pagelines issue at all. But I thought this permissions problem might have been related to the problem I had a while back logging into chat. Perhaps they are completely unrelated. I was finally able to import the MUD .dat settings by using the import function. However, it might be helpful to find out where the "here" link was directing me, so I can understand if my permissions are indeed not correct in some way.

catrina

The "here" link is a bit of an enigma, but maybe this is something to ask the creator of MUD about (to see if the issue has occurred before).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

suerama

Yes, I would love to have the bearded avenger in on this discussion, and also the one I started about my other issues with MUD. I figured he'd chime in here. How could I reach him?

Rob

Suerama, I've asked the Bearded Avenger to swoop in and join this topic. I'm sure he can add some of his wonderful superpowers to this topic. Thanks for your kind patience. I'm sure he'll have my email by morning.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

suerama

Thanks, rangelone, I'll keep scanning the skies. . . .

beardedavenger

Hoorah! OK so that pesky "here" link needs to be removed. When I developed this theme, we were also in the midst of changing some things in admin. That "here" link used to point to the Import/Export screen in PageLines, however those pages are loaded with Ajax now so they don't exist. I also renamed the .dat file thats' downloaded, to UNZIP_ME.zip, so hopefully this will eliminate some issues with the "white screen" some are getting when trying to upload the zip, instead of unzipping first. Sweet! Does this help? Nick

Something big is coming for DMS + photographers.

http://fotostheme.com

Nick Haskins & CO - New home for all of my PageLines Store products! 

http://nickhaskins.co

Better DMS - News, Tutorials, and Tips

http://betterdms.com

suerama

Yup! So glad you've arrived. It's a very sweet template design, makes portfolio sites like this fun and a breeze, so thanks! Please check out my other two MUD questions when you can. The last one I just posted.

Danny

The topic was marked as resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!