Sign in to follow this  
nanu

Feature Slider width and customize plug-in questions

nanu

Hey there, Probable silly question #54- I have installed the customization plug in as I'm messing about learning as I go and don't want to royally eff things up, but I want to clarify WHERE I should now be messing about.. I'm sure I put it IN the plug in- I guess I'm asking if it works the same if I enter it in the original space provided will it be the same or should I not use that area at all anymore? And while I'm here, I am going to try to use a smaller width feature slider with something beside it (maybe soap box or hero?) and the sidebar come up beneath it. My site width is 1230 - content is 930 and sidebar is 300- On my homepage if I want a feature slider width of say, 600, and the hero unit beside it (or soap box whichever is easier) how the heck do I write it? I've been searching through the forum and have tried numerous things from what I've found but it's just not workin for me. Thankyouuuuu whoever you are that helps. x

James B

Hi Nanu, If you've downloaded the customization plugin you should be editing the files the style.css and functions.php instead of entering your code into the custom css box. You can access these in Appearance>Editor. You can read more about how to use the plugin here, http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_PageLines_Customize_Plugin there's also a youtube tutorial :) In order to achieve what you're looking for with your layout. I'd advise you to make use of our 'sidebar wrap' section to hold your section. You can see the sidebar wrap section here http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/images/a/aa/Usetemplatesetup-overview2.jpg and can access it in the drag & drop page. Hope that helps

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Rob

I wouldn't suggest moving plugins about. They are installed where they belong and moving them would deactivate them. That's a WordPress issue, out of our control. The PageLines Customize plugin goes in wp-content/plugins and should stay there. Normally, one wouldn't be able to move one element next to another, but with CSS, you theoretically can. However, let me point out that with 930px to play with, minus a 600px slider, you don't have 330px to play with. Actually, you have about 270px, given that each has a 15px padding on either side. If that's still what you want, stack the two elements in the template via Drag & Drop, then, using Firebug, position the slider to float left, with a margin to the right. Then position the second element up and to the right. But I can't guaranty it will work though I can assure you it will look like $#!( in mobile view. How about doing this: 1. Use http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/boxer/ set with a content block (like a box) of 2/3 left and 1/3-last, right. 2. In the 2/3 content block, use the slider found in our new tools http://demo.pagelines.com/framework/tools/ 3. In the 1/3-last content block, add whatever you'd like since the content blocks are just like boxes.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

nanu

Thankyou both! Hmkay so I'm definitely no-$#!(-wanting so I will forego it and just have the feature set in the content with the sidebar alongside.. That will show up alright in mobile view? Yes? As for the Plug-in debacle, Jamie thank you- I've already been alll over those docs/video and thought I figured it out but have now backpeddled a bit after Rangelones reply? I don't think I made quite enough sense explaining myself, I ONLY enter new css/html/whatever in the editor areas within the plugin and NOT in the main customization area within the framework? Again, thanks are given. Damn beginners, hey?

Danny

Hi Nanu, Is this issue now resolved ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

nanu

I think so, I'm going to attempt to line up the features with my sidebar now and if I run into problems I will start another thread? Thanks for asking :)