Sign in to follow this  
wren

How can I assign a black background color only to my Home page?

wren

Hi, I've got two questions: 1) I've got my site dialed in really well except??“??“I want to assign black to the Home page background color without effecting my site universally, which is set to white. Is it possible to assign background color to individual pages? I tried a workaround by assigning a background image with a black field but it looks like hell and there seems to be a white edge at the bottom of my content area. Is it possible to get rid of that scrolling background effect and have a continuous black only for my Home page? 2) Is there a way to specifically place boxes in my content area? I don't see a setting for box placement and it seems the boxes default to rowing up from left to right. Can boxes be stacked vertically at a specific place within the content area?

catrina

1) Yes, you may use this code added to Custom Code > Custom CSS:

body.home {background-color: #000000;}

2) It's possible to place Boxes in the content area but no way to determine its placement (they'll always be stacked horizontally). If you want to change their placement, that may require CSS customization.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wren

Hooray! The Custom CSS worked on the background. There's just one weird anomaly??“??“1) the background scrolls a little bit, which causes part of my background image to disappear and reappear as the scrolling goes up and down. It's sort of like the background is a weird windowshade which squirrels around a little. I set fixed in the background image setting but that has no effect. 2) Would there be a place where I can figure out how to make CSS Custom Code to make it possible to place boxes where I want them? Thanks so much!

Rob

In your CSS Custom Code, you'll need to customize the background with the instructions found in http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp under Background Image - Repeat Horizontally or Vertically (second example) and the 2nd example under Background Image - Set position and no-repeat. For 2, I'd suggest you use Boxer plugin, which allows you to place content blocks (like boxes) where you want them, using shortcodes. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/boxer/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

wren

Thank you sooo much! The Boxer plugin is very nice and that w3school is just the thing I hoped for. I look forward to making a tasty meal of my site development. Bon apetit!

wren

Yes, I started a new topic under margins. Thanks!