Sign in to follow this  
tedstudios

visual editor not working

tedstudios

I recently moved my site from a development server. (I am using Pagelines Framework with Transparency child theme.) The visual editor was/is working on the development server, but not on the moved live site. The tab for "visual" is there, but not clickable or functioning. I have deactivated the plugins and it makes no difference. This is occurring in all browsers. Any ideas? (WP version 3.4.1) Thanks.

catrina

Please activate Twenty Ten or Twenty Eleven theme to see if the problem persists.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

tedstudios

I activated Twenty Ten and the visual editor was still not working.

mackenzie

Because the Visual Editor is not working with the built in WP Twenty Ten it would mean this is a WordPress issue. I know that there are quite a few issues with WP and Visual just from my own personal experience. Try the steps from http://fanart.tv/2012/06/wordpress-visual-editor-missing-after-update-fixed/ to see if this helps: 1. Go to user profile. 2. Is ???Disable the visual editor when writing??? unchecked? If so, check the box and save. 3. Uncheck the box again and save. 4. See if the visual editor works again.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

tedstudios

Yes, I tried this again. It did not work. It isn't that the "visual" menu tab isn't there - it is there, just not clickable or functioning. But thank you for the suggestion.

Danny

Hi, Disable all active plugins and see if the issue persists.

Please search our forums, before posting!

tedstudios

Right, this was the first thing I tried. No plugin conflicts. And, the development site has the same plugins active, and the visual editor is working there. I'm thinking it is something that was damaged/corrupted or missing in the move to the live server. What could that be? I'm unfamiliar with where the visual editor files or function happens. I'm okay with the html editor, but this site is for a client who needs to use the visual editor. That's why it has become more important for me. Thanks.

tedstudios

I just did. Using the re-install now. No change.

catrina

Okay, and was it a fresh install straight from the zip file provided by WordPress? (If it was then there may be an issue elsewhere whether it'd be the hosting or something else)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

tedstudios

Okay, yes to be sure I just went through the clean install process of wordpress. Replaced all the admin and includes, etc. through FTP from a newly downloaded .zip file. Ugh, no luck. Visual editor still dead.

tedstudios

Catrina, you got me thinking. I went back did another clean install. During the previous one, I was not able to delete the wp-includes folder from the server. The contents were deleted, but not the folder. I renamed it and uploaded new wp-includes and wp-admin and the other root items. I also remembered that the only difference between the development site and the live site was that I installed a Sucuri Scanner plugin. I did deactivate it when I was looking for the problems, but this time I deleted the files. I just had an idea about that one. And sure enough, the visual editor is now working. I reinstalled the plugin and it is still working. Thank you for all your help.