Sign in to follow this  
scott_thomas

Badass Shortcodes plugin not working

scott_thomas

I've been using BA Shortcodes for a few weeks now, but it suddenly stopped working. The problem is that when I select a shortcode from the dropdown menu, nothing happens. None of the editable parameters are showing up and there is no button to insert the shortcodes. I'm using BA Shortcodes version 1.6. I see that version 1.7 has been released, but I guess the plugin is not recognizing the update. I'm wondering if this could be the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

catrina

If deactivating your other active plugins doesn't resolve the issue, you should try contacting the plugin creator with this issue. The contact information is here: www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/ba-shortcodes/

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

scott_thomas

Thanks Catrina, I tried to contact Nick (aka The Bearded Avenger/plugin creator) last week but I haven't heard back from him. I will try deactivating my other plugins in the meantime.

scott_thomas

...Still wondering though why the plugin won't update. Is there away that I can re-download it and get the current version? If I go to the Pagelines store it says "purchased" in the blue box, and there isn't a link where I can download it again.

beardedavenger

Heya! I'll have to check the email address associated with the account but if you ever need anything you can always email [email protected] Does the problem persist with all other sections and plugins deactivated? Typically things dont' just stop working, but I'm thinking there's some type of JS error or something. You can also email me your info to the email addy above and I can take a look. Nick

Something big is coming for DMS + photographers.

http://fotostheme.com

Nick Haskins & CO - New home for all of my PageLines Store products! 

http://nickhaskins.co

Better DMS - News, Tutorials, and Tips

http://betterdms.com

scott_thomas

Hey, thanks Nick. I will try deactivating my other plugins, but Is it possible for another plugin to stop BA from updating? My initial thought was that the problem was dus to not having the latest version of BA since i'm only using a few other basic plugins.

Rob

An outdated or deprecated plugin can cause all sorts of havoc on a site, including the prevention of updating. Simply deactivate the non-PageLines plugins and you should be able to update. But you should be able to do that via the Store. Have you tried that method or were you trying via Dashboard > Plugins > Installed Plugins?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

scott_thomas

Thanks Rangelone. I was trying to update via the dashboard. How do you update via the store?

batman

Hi You can update Pagelines plugins via store, and you can see in Pagelines > Dashboards > Updates You will see like this: Captura%2520de%2520pantalla%25202012-08-20%2520a%2520la%2528s%2529%252021.32.40.jpg The non-PageLines plugins you can verify in Plugins > Installed Plugin and see the last actualization of each one.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Danny

Hi Scott, Although this plugin is developed by Nick one of our developers, it is still classed as a third party plugin. Therefore, we are unable to provide support, if you require assistance, you will need to contact Nick via email, like he mentioned above.

Please search our forums, before posting!

scott_thomas

Thanks Batman. I was easily able to update via the dashboard;)

scott_thomas

Hi Catrina, I have Nick's email adress now so I will get in touch with him directly. Thank you