Sign in to follow this  
pehja

Jigoshop integration

pehja

Hello! I have a little question for any one who are familiere with Jigoshop and pagelines Framework. Just so you know I have removed every plug. Deactivated both Jigoshop and the Pageline integration with Jigoshop. Reactivated it and installed everything twice. Having sad that, this is what I have. As you can see on this two pictures they don't look the same. On one site I can change the layout on Jigoshop and on the other i Can't. So this must be a setting somewhere and I cant find it. Sk?¤rmavbild-2012-08-20-kl.-16.18.58.png and this Sk?¤rmavbild-2012-08-20-kl.-16.19.09.png Any advice would be very appreciated Thanks!

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

James B

Hi Pejha I've not used Jigoshop but I've had someone check on the team for you, since we had an update go through today. They've tested to make sure all the available sections are still working as normal. Has the page template in the drag & drop area still got the sections active as per the first screen shot?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

pehja

Yes James i'm afraid so. I have 2 sites with the same issue and one that works. It must be a setting or something else. Don??t think anything is broken.

Pehja Production.png

Rob

Peter, on the second site, where fewer options are loaded, is the PageLines Sections installed? Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Store and click on Sections (should default there). If you see a dashed bordered box, it will ask you to install PageLines Sections. If it is installed, please review the list of Sections installed to see if they're activated.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pehja

Yes @rangelone it is.. I have 3 sites with Jigoshop and PageLine and only one is working as it should. I have this issue put to JigoShop support also. However I cant see how this could be a problem caused by Jigoshop. They all have the same settings and versions and all are activated. I thought it might be a setting in the site option of the theme. But there are so many settings and when they don't behave as should it is even more stressful and complicated. I will probably give up both Jigo and PageLine if I am setting up a new store. I have to have something that is stable. Having sad that, this is probably something i have caused my selfe ;-)

Pehja Production.png

Danny

Hi Peter, I have installed JigoShop/PageLines on several test sites now locally and all my installations have the same setup as your second image. Therefore, have you added all any custom code at all, are you sure you have disabled all plugins ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

pehja

Yes I removed everything. All plugs and all custom code. I removed Jigoshop and installed it again with the same result. I am trying to se all the things that are different from the one that works and the ones that doesn't to see if I can figure out what is causing this. I have a 4:th site that works! This site I am handling exactly as the others. Nothing more nothing less..

Pehja Production.png

Jenny

Does the layout editor work? The one that shows the same blue layout images. Wondering if it's some sort of script conflict or something.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

pehja

Not sure what you mean. It is the layout editor that does not show. Or am I missing something ;)

Pehja Production.png

James B

Hi Pejha In the current version of the Jigoshop plugin the instructions state: "It is not possible to add sections to the shop or product content areas, you can however add sections to the header/morefoot/footer areas and hide them by default then enable them on the product archive special meta tab." So hopefully by adding them to those areas in the layout they will display in the product archive meta tab as in picture 1.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

pehja

Nop ;( It is not section I want to have I want the shop to have a sidebar.

Pehja Production.png

pehja

@rangelone just so you know. Jigoshop has now redirected the issue to PageLine. with this comment Does it work for other post types? Like posts / pages ect. I hate to redirect you back to pagelines but perhaps if you explain that jigoshop is disabled & you're still encountering the issue they might be able to help more. So in other words this means that the issue is related to the integration between PageLine and JigoShop? No ? I have tested everything I can come up with. And now come to the konklusion that Jigo and PageLine not always are compatible. This was on my own site so there is no big deal. But for new clients I wil have to find another solution. Thanks for trying t help ;)

Pehja Production.png

sersanet

Can any one help out .. i have installed jigoshop plugin and turned off all conflicting plugins for the jigoshop list, i am using framework. here s the site, www.miguellopezfineart.com if you go to view product, this section that lets you add to cart,+ or - a product when viewing a product page is missing.. i took this code section from the demo of pagelines jogshop

Add to cart that is missing every time i try to install a shop... you will see a button on that page that i have tried to add, but it does not let me send to cart...... Can someone please help out as i have several shops to build for different clients and would like to use framework.. thanks in advance

Danny

@sersanet Can you please create a new topic, then we can assist you. @pehja I have installed JIgoShop on now over several test installations and I am unable to recreate your issue of not having any layout options. You yourself, have another site where this issue has not occurred. Therefore, the only explanation is that there is something on your site, that is causing this issue. http://screencast.com/t/HYpgi5J8Seps However, if you want your Shop to have a sidebar, just go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Pages > Your Shop Page and then select the layout there?

pehja

@Danny, well if it was that simple I wouldn't have started this thread. The shop page is a Templet Product archive. It is that page that i am unable to change, and could have if everything had worked as it should. And I have this issue on several sites. There is only one that works. But we live it at that. Status: Problem NOT solved! :-)

Pehja Production.png

Rob

Pehja, There is reason to believe that Danny's correct and that you must take responsibility to review and compare the settings from your working site to the one not working. Unfortunately despite all the best expectations you or others may have, we cannot see every setting, every plugin, every part of your site from here. That's something you have to do. Let me repeat as I've said over and over again throughout the forum. We do not get into the code of JigoShop. We wrap it. We don't prevent it from having a sidebar. If JigoShop prevents sidebars, that's something they must support. We do what we can and try to support our product, but the expectation for us to know every setting is not practical. Please compare all your settings in the working site and compare them to the settings in the ones not working. Check your plugins and their settings too. I must also point out that other ecommerce plugins, such as CartPress and ECWIN work fine in PageLines Framework with no integration needed. Since you're having infinite problems with JigoShop, perhaps you need to seriously reevaluate that choice and opt for others with perhaps less trouble.

pehja

@ rangelon. Anyone can read this thread and make their own assessment. I think Page Line is an excellent product. But Page Line loses a bit of its luster when you are constantly pushing off your responsibilities. It is not surprising that there might be problems. Nor wonder that some simply can not be solved. But instead of saying "This is not our fault", "we can not build your websites", "it must be due to something else" say that we can not solve this. It can be caused by many things. Best of luck. I use your product and to my knowledge there is no other product that can look like either picture one or picture two. Kindly Peter

Pehja Production.png

Danny

Hi Peter, I understand that this must be frustrating but I am unable to recreate image one on several of my setups. Therefore, would it be possible for you to remove JigoShop from the site that has image one and then reinstall JigoShop and see if this resolves the issue.

pehja

@Danny I tried to remove from WP dashboard but I got an error message saying that the server is down. It's not. Maybe this is related. If I remove Jigoshop from ftp, will it remove all files created when installed ?

Pehja Production.png

Rob

Removing JigoShop via FTP will only remove the plugin files, but the database entries and likely the images will remain intact, should you decide to re-install it. I too understand your frustration, but when asked for things that are outside our scope of support, please believe me, I have little option in my answers. Politely, I've answered dozens of topics for you and each day handle more than 30 topics successfully. Not every answer is pushing people off. But, if someone asks us to fix the problems created by something we have no control over, what should I do? I have no insight or training in those products and while I want to help, there's just no way it can be done. I apologize if you found my reply unsatisfactory, however, it was nothing less than truthful.