Sign in to follow this  
allaboutthebrand

Thumbnails in Linkedin and Facebook

allaboutthebrand

Hi guys, I've been going through the forum trying to find an answer but no luck. There also seems to be a lot of other people with the same issue with now apparent solution. When I post to Facebook or Linkedin it isn't sharing the thumbnail. I've tried adding an image to the post, adding a thumbnail to article, adding the featured image and some additional code in the functions.php that I found (sorry not real specific there) Has anyone had any luck fixing this on their sites? Thanks, Spence

Danny

Hi Spence, I don't have any social accounts such as Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn, so I asked a colleague to test this for me. He shared a PageLines post on LinkedIn and the thumbnail was visible. http://screencast.com/t/ORQdyUJL He did mention that, LinkedIn can cause your thumbnail to look odd but it works nonetheless, as does Facebook. If you're experiencing issues when sharing posts to these sites, I would recommend disabling all non-PageLines plugins and see if this resolves your issues. Also if you can I would wait for @simple_mama and see what Jenny recommends. As I know she has a twitter/facebook accounts.

Please search our forums, before posting!