Sign in to follow this  
lounge

Pagelines Sections Plugin Needed?

lounge

Hello! I am deleting unnecessary plugins from my WordPress environment, and I came across the 'Pagelines Sections' plugin, with the following description: "The PageLines sections container. Needed to extend sections via the store." Is this plugin needed for the Pagelines sections? Or what is this plugin actually doing?

Rob

Yes, it is essential if you're using PageLines Framework. All the other sections you use, create or install are going to be contained within it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bxbmedia

To elaborate on what rangelone said, the framework itself isn't dependent on it, but like it says, if you want to be able to extend the sections that are available to using the store (which has some pretty sweet stuff, some of which is free) then you need it. The plugin also adds the ability to deactivate core framework sections which can be useful if you want to customize them.

gl hf

Danny

Hi lounge, Both Rangelone and Bxbmedia's replies are spot on and therefore, I have accepted their answers. If you have any other questions about this, simply reply and the topic will re-open.

Please search our forums, before posting!