Sign in to follow this  
lomarot

Feature Slides optimal dimentions and pictures weight

lomarot

Hi, I'm starting to build a site, It will have several pages with Feature Slide Sets, no sidebars, they will stretch for all the global content width. I was wondering if there is a "global content width" that is considered to be optimal for browsers and also which is the maximum weight of the pictures that I should not surpass in order to keep the site fast without too much loading time.

batman

Ho lomarot, i believe You can upload and image with the width and height you define your Future Slider Sets For example I have a Features 1000x400, I upload the image exactly this width and height. In order to keep the site fast you can upload the image size no more than 50Kb each one or less.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Rob

The width depends on how you've set up your site and what the width of your layout is. The height is solely dependent upon your own desires and the purpose of the slide. Pictures shouldn't be too short, in most cases, while information slides shouldn't be too tall. The default is 340px high, which is pretty good for photos. Batman provided you with some good advice on other issues.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur