Sign in to follow this  
kellid

Member's Only Section

kellid

Hi! I have a site that I'm building a "member's only" section with the s2member plugin. I want to have a section only viewable by these members. I will be using "conditionals" to make this happen. Is it possible to have a menu bar that's only visible to these members? I want them to log in and only have their 4 menu options visible across the top. To get back to the main site, there could be a link somewhere that takes them there. Or maybe a second menu bar in addition to the main? Any help would be Greatly appreciated. Thank you much :) K

James B

Hi Kellid, I've not used S2 Member in ages but from what I can remember it hides certain pages based on the plugin set-up. So my advice would be to set up a different page template in the drag&drop for these 'special member pages' which includes an additional nav bar and any other sections you only want members to see. Keep all the pages you want only the public to see on one template, and all the member pages on another, then you can have two completely different set ups. Use S2 Member to hide the member pages on the selected member templates etc. If you need to make custom templates you can look at a plugin like 'types and views', and then you could hide those templates via s2 member. :)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

kellid

You rock. helped tremendously. Let me see if I can work this out ;) K