Sign in to follow this  
robbienorris

Extra Footer Space

robbienorris

I know some have had similar problems, and I have read and tried those solutions. I can't seem to get the extra space at the bottom of my site to go away. I've been able to make it bigger and smaller, but it won't completely disappear.

Rob

Your background image isn't supersized and thus it falls short of the height specified. You appear to have a custom height of 696px set for the site's minimum height. This definitely affects it:

#page, #dynamic-content {
	    min-height: 696px;
	}

However, lowering the number only shortens the image because you've applied the background to the page canvas (not to mention a few other elements). Can you explain how you actually implemented the background? Was it through the built in upload options or did you do this manually via CSS?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

robbienorris

The background was implemented via built in upload option. What do you mean by "image isn't supersized"? Is there a better way to make the site look as it does now? Any other way I wouldn't be able to use shading (like the blue going over the red), correct?

Rob

PageLines Framework uses a supersize option to stretch the background to the frame of a browser. I forgot you were using PlatformPro and not Framework. I can't tell if the plugin linked below works or not in PlatformPro, but it's an example of a plugin that will allow a full-screen background. This should allow you to stretch the background entirely. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/background-manager/

robbienorris

This plugin adds the background the same as the built in on platform pro. I still have the problem of extra footer space that won't go away

Rob

Robbie, please create a new Admin level user and email the credentials to robert at pagelines.com and I will have a look on the backend to see what I can find.

catrina

rangelone should be able to get back to you soon (he isn't in yet but he will be in about 2 hours).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Danny

Hi Robbie, Can you try this for me please. Remove your uploaded background image, once you have completed this, add the following code to your custom CSS.

body, body.fixed_width { background: url('http://presvote.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/pv-header31.png') no-repeat 50% 0; }

See if that works.

Please search our forums, before posting!

robbienorris

Hi Danny, That changed the extra footer space to white. Space is still there.

catrina

I have a workaround idea: 1) Set the background color to be that shade of red you have on your site now (I know that means your background image with the blue top part and red bottom part will disappear but this will just be an experiment). 2) Make the bottom segment of the background with the white glow an image and add it as a non-repeating background image using CSS, but you'll also need to position it so that it sticks to the bottom. Does that make sense?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse