Sign in to follow this  
lomarot

Is it possible to make the single feature slides in a feature set linkable

lomarot

I wanted to show 10 products as slides with specifications in a feature set. I know I can navigate through thumbs but I also need to have a direct link to each of the 10 product slides individually and not only as a set. In this way I could display a box set in a "products page" with larger images of the products and if i click on a single box it is linked to that specific feature slide/image. Any solution? I would prefer a better option than creating 10 separate pages with a single feature slide

batman

Hi If I understand You can create 10 separate page and go each one to Edit Page >Pagelines Meta Settings > Feature and Select Feature Set you like in the page You can create 10 different Features Set Got to Features > Features Sets and Add New Category (page1, page 2 to page 10)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

lomarot

Yes I understand that but I was wondering if instead of navigating in 10 different pages I could: Make 1 Page with 1 Feature set. Put in the set 10 different features Make those 10 features "linkable" individually. At the moment the only way to select the specific features in the set seems through the "feature set navigation thumbnails" So is there a way to make the single features inside a set linkable?

batman

Hi again You can Go to Pagelines > Features And edit the Feature You can see "Feature Link URL" to add the link URL page to your Future.

lomarot

Ok sorry if I was not clear because of my language. The Link URL that you are suggesting is if I want to click on my feature and be directed somewhere else. What I need (if possible) is the following scenario: - PAGE 1 called "products" Feature Set 1 with Features A, B, C (my products) A navigation with the small Thumbnails through Features A, B, C. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I know how to do the above thing now I would like to have also: - PAGE 2 called "products overview" - A BOX set with the Thumbs of A, B, C at this point the possibility to click The Box B and be redirected to PAGE 1/ Feature Set / Feature B or click the Box C and be redirected to PAGE 1/ Feature Set / Feature C All I can do now is Link the Box (A, B or C) to the Page 1 with the Feature Set and it will always appear the first Feature of the set (in this case A). Alternatively I must make : PAGE1 product A PAGE 2 product B PAGE 3 product C but I would loose the nice fading/transition effect of the Feature Slide Set when I navigate from A to B to C

batman

Hi friend I have the same problem with the language to you (i??m from Argentina) ;) Please, can you post a live URL with PL of your site?, this is the easiest way to solve your problem. In abstract is more difficult to me continue help you, perhaps a Moderator can to do this without a URL.

lomarot

Thank you anyway, at the end I decided to procede in making a single page for every product, I cannot send an url since is on my PC, i am just learning the software.

Rob

Okay, all you needed to do was this... Recreate any slide that you want to be the 'pointer' slide and give it a different link. Put it into a different box set you create. Common slides that apply to multiple pages and therefore multiple box sets can be attached to the additional sets. So, if Slide A is going to appear on pages 1, 2 and 5, you can have box sets for box-page-1, box-page-2 and box-page-5 and when you go to Slide A, just assign it to those box sets. Now, if on Page 3, you have Slide A, that is going to point to Page4, just copy the background image and thumb, create a unique link and assign it to a different box-set. Very simple, easy and fast. However, it will take some organizational skills to know which slides point to which locations.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur