Sign in to follow this  
dansanchez

Creating a Custom Sidebar for Jigoshop "shop" page

dansanchez

Jigoshop comes with some wonderful widgets to place in the sidebar of the store like a shopping cart preview and product category list for example. I would love to use them, but I don't want those same pluggins on every single sidebar on the site. This is what I have tried to do to fix it so far: - Used a custom sidebar plugin: This plugin works great for every page except the shop page. - Used another similar pluggin recommended by pagelines support called widget logic, but it had similar results. I believe it has something to do with this message listed in the pagelines jigoshop plugin: "All pages are handled in their respective page meta settings except the main shop page, as this is an archive it requires a special meta page to control layout. It is not possible to add sections to the shop or product content areas, you can however add sections to the header/morefoot/footer areas and hide them by default then enable them on the product archive special meta tab." Has anybody else been able to figure this out?

Rob

Dan, I'm unclear why you're having no luck with Widget Logic which will work within Jigo. Are you setting the correct limits for widgets so that some only appear in Jigo, and others do not, and that Jigo's widgets are not to appear elsewhere?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur