Sign in to follow this  
hireconrad

Repositioning Image in Banner

hireconrad

Hi, is it possible to move the image further away from centre? I want my banner images to be slightly past the white content area (take a look at my site to know what i mean).

Danny

Hi, So you mean you wish to move the banners on the top and bottom closer to the edge of your page, so that there is no white space ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

hireconrad

i mean i want the image in the banners to overlap the edge of the white space. I want the first image on this page to be 100px further left. i want the second picture 100px further right (hanging over)

catrina

Please try this CSS in Custom Code > Custom CSS:

div.banner-media-pad.pprand-pad {margin-left: -50px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hireconrad

Thanks @Catrina, it worked, however it affected the banners that have the image on the right as well. I want the images on the left to move like you have done, and i want the images on the right to move in the opposite direction.

Rob

In that case, you're going to have to customize Catrina's CSS to be specific to each banner in which the image is aligned left. This may not be so easy. If the Banners are not individually wrapped in distinct DIVs or classes, then you can't apply CSS to specific elements. If you have a means of applying a unique div or class to them, then it's a breeze. I don't use Banners so I apologize for my lack of expertise with them.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

hireconrad

How can i wrap each div in a distinct div or class?

hireconrad

I figured it out??¦ i was thinking it over and I was wondering how the some banners had images on the left and some had them on the right, and that one of the div's must be controlling that setting??¦ this is what i came up with and it works. .banner-area.pprand-pad.banner_left.no-pad div.banner-media-pad.pprand-pad {margin-left: -50px;} .banner-area.pprand-pad.banner_right.no-pad div.banner-media-pad.pprand-pad {margin-right: -50px;}

Danny

Hi Conrad, Is this issue now resolved ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob

I'll accept an answer for you for moderation purposes and to resolve this issue.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur