Sign in to follow this  
Khepri

Bootstrap and CSS Soap Boxes

Khepri

Hello all I am trying to create a page with 4-up soap boxes. I have finally figured out how to style using the tag attribute using the forum. The problem is that it seems so unnecessary to do if I could use the buttons that are in bootstrap. Yet when I try to use the code directly in the box they don't work. Suggestions? This is the class But I would much rather use one of the various options made available http://demo.pagelines.com/framework/tools/ under "buttons." .boxbuttonhoroscope{ float: left; color: navy; background-color: #43469a; padding: 5px 15px; -moz-border-radius:6px; -webkit-border-radius:6px; border-radius:6px; border-style: outset; border-color: #12047f; font: bold medium "Lucida Grande", Lucida, Verdana, sans-serif; text-align: center; }

✔There is no perfect recipe for success! 
✔There is no failure, only feedback. 
✔There are no mistakes, only rainbow bridges to insights and wisdom. 

Danny

Hi, Are you saying that you're adding all the code above into the class field ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Khepri

No, I am adding it to the custom css page and then using boxbuttonhoroscope in the field on the soap back to style the text into a functional button. While it works It seems like there has to be a way to make the bootstrap buttons work instead since they are already pre-styled. Any suggestions?

Danny

Hi, I am not quite sure what you're referring to, therefore can you provide a link to the page in question please. Are you saying that the styling is working and now you need to style the bootstrap styled button ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Khepri

Hi Danny, I am sorry. Sometimes text communication is just a fail. But the buttons in question are at http://astrolosophy.net/universe/horoscopes/ These buttons are working fine. what I am asking is why can't there be a way to use the buttons on found on this page of links http://demo.pagelines.com/framework/tools/ Yet if I try to include the short codes in the soap box set up it fails. Any suggestions?

Rob

I'm seeing buttons, under the videos for each soapbox. I thing you need to wrap them in a div, to move them above, unless the code is below the video code.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Khepri

Yes that is where they belong. The Issue is that these are buttons I styled using CSS and I would like to use the buttons from the bootstrap package seen on this page where it says "buttons" or "button Dropdown" Since the CSS SOAPBOX will not let you enter the short code, how will I accomplish this?

Rob

I've asked my developers to test this and they respond by suggesting you're placing the shortcodes in the wrong locations: http://screencast.com/t/gWjEFfIS Nick said

"I'm going to guess that he's trying to use shortcodes in the area that says to provide text for a link."
So, please, kindly point out with a screenshot where you're placing this shortcode. Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Khepri

http://awesomescreenshot.com/016djvgd0 016djvgd0 with the custom code .boxbuttonhoroscope{ float: left; color: navy; background-color: #43469a; padding: 5px 15px; -moz-border-radius:6px; -webkit-border-radius:6px; border-radius:6px; border-style: outset; border-color: #12047f; font: bold medium "Lucida Grande", Lucida, Verdana, sans-serif; text-align: center; } So where would I put the short code for the bootstrap button instead?

Khepri

Excellent. So the trick is to place any coding for bootstrap codes in the content areas for boxes and soapboxes. Thanks Dan the Man!