Sign in to follow this  
revoltoid

Bootstrap accordion question

revoltoid

Hello, I have got difficulties to implement some Bootstrap features, this time its the Accordion I have some problems with. Can you guys please have a look on these below and let me know what the problem is? What I was doing was, I have got different contact forms and would like to display them in an accordion. They both have short codes. Ok, so first, the error message in place of the Accordion on the page is:

Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /var/sites/i/imagyarweddings.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/class.shortcodes.php on line 1067
On line 1067 in the class.shortcodes.php is this: $out = sprintf( '
'.do_shortcode( $content ).'
',$atts['name'] ); I have no idea what these mean, but you guys surely know. This is the code I tried, copied from the Pagelines docs: [pl_accordion name="accordion"] [pl_accordioncontent name="accordion" number="1" heading="Title-1" open="yes"] [plugin-1 shorcode goes here] [/pl_accordioncontent] [pl_accordioncontent name="accordion" number="2" heading="Title-2"] [plugin-2 short code goes here] [/pl_accordioncontent] [/pl_accordion] I have also tried Tabs instead of the Accordion, and it works fine with them, it displays the contact forms in tab arrangement and it functions and looks right: This is my code for the Tabs: [pl_tabs] [pl_tabtitlesection type="tabs"] [pl_tabtitle active="yes" number="1"]Title-1[/pl_tabtitle] [pl_tabtitle number="2"]Title-2[/pl_tabtitle] [/pl_tabtitlesection] [pl_tabcontentsection] [pl_tabcontent active="yes" number="1"] [plugin-1 shorcode goes here] [/pl_tabcontent] [pl_tabcontent number="2"] [plugin-2 short code goes here] [/pl_tabcontent] [/pl_tabcontentsection] [/pl_tabs] Both coding follows the same rules, but one works, the other doesn't. What is the problem? (I have tried [pl_raw] as well, before you think of suggesting that) Thanks for the help, Istvan (latest Framework, latest WP)

Rob

Okay Istvan, It seems you're including a shortcode within a shortcode. If you look at the demo here: http://demo.pagelines.com/framework/tools/ you'll see no shortcodes used for the Tabs Demo for the actual content of the tab itself. We use things like " Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit" and " ". While in theory you should be able to place a shortcode within each tab's content area, at present this isn't a viable option. You can however, place straightforward content there.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

beardedavenger

So I was curious about this and decided to go ahead and do a local test, and here's what I've got. http://screencast.com/t/pyWgYt6aU1 I have contact form 7, as a shortcode, nested in the accordion without any apparent issues. What plugin are you using that's generating the problematic shortcode, and does that plugin's shortcode support nesting? Nick

Something big is coming for DMS + photographers.

http://fotostheme.com

Nick Haskins & CO - New home for all of my PageLines Store products! 

http://nickhaskins.co

Better DMS - News, Tutorials, and Tips

http://betterdms.com

revoltoid

Thanks guys, Yes, I expected exactly what Nick's screenshot shows. It seems that Nick's results prove I was correct in my assumption about that these bootstrap elements should accept shortcodes. The two plugins I used were Easy Contact Forms and Jazzy Forms, both are excellent, ECF is the most advanced contact form plugin I have seen. It may well be that accidentally both of these plugins have problems with their shortcodes getting inserted into Pagelines-Bootstrap codes? (I have tried using only one of then at a time, resulted in the same error message.)

James B

Hi there, have you managed to get these working yet? If not I would advise contacting the plugin authors to see if 'plugin nesting' is supported as per Nicks previous message. Otherwise it might be worth trying Contact Form 7 inside the accordion. Let us know how you get on or if you require further assistance :)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

revoltoid

Thanks James, Yes, I will ask both developers and will report what I find out.

Danny

Hi, Any update yet ?

Please search our forums, before posting!