Sign in to follow this  
christycollins

Adding Date to Menu Bar

christycollins

I found where I can add this code and make the date show up in the menu bar. I can't figure out where it needs to go. I put it a couple of places and nothing happened. Can you please tell me? add_filter('wp_nav_menu_items','add_todaysdate_in_menu', 10, 2); function add_todaysdate_in_menu( $items, $args ) { if( $args->theme_location == 'primary') { $todaysdate = date('l jS F Y'); $items .= '' . $todaysdate . ''; } return $items; }

Jenny

HI Christy. Rather than messing with PHP and hooks, you can try using a plugin. :) Check out http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/dynamic-dates/ You can simply add the date shortcode (created by the plugin) to the "label" field of a new menu item (and just use # for the URL).

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

christycollins

Can you please tell me where this shortcode is? I activated the plugin but can't seem to find it.

christycollins

[today] [this-month] [this-year] I put this in the navigation label and that's what shows up on the menu. Im sorry I have no codeing experience. :">

catrina

I'm not sure if the shortcode would work in a navigation label. Is that where the plugin says you should put it?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

christycollins

No, I thought you meant that it would work if I put # in the URL and the code in the NAV label. I want today's date to show up on the right side of the menu bar, not just in a post. Example: www.garancedore.fr

christycollins

Yes it is active. Nothing shows up in the Settings panel.

catrina

I don't think that would've made a difference anyway since shortcodes don't work in navigation labels for sure. You'll need an alternative way of adding the date and I'd recommend another plugin (which you can search for here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/), but that may mean you'll need to add the date to the sidebar instead.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse