Sign in to follow this  
slsummers

IE8 Page refresh then crashes

slsummers

This issue seems to only occur with IE8 (IE9, Chrome, Firefox function fine). The page loads as expected but if you move the window, touch the scroll bar or in any way interact with the page the browser forces a automatic refresh once or twice and then crashes. We can repeatedly reproduce this on several different machine across different networks. I've tried disabling all plugins, sections, widgets, etc. Same symtoms present. Any feedback is appreciated.

Danny

Hi, As a Mac user I am unable to properly test your issue. However, I loaded your site up fine with Adobe BrowserLab. We have had user report issues with certain sections not displaying correctly on IE8 (which is an old browser and tbh a naf one at that) but as far as I know, no user(s) have reported a similar issue to you. Therefore, are the machines you tried this on, all connected ? Have you added any custom code ? Do you have any extensions/add-ons for your IE8, have you tried disabling them?

Please search our forums, before posting!

slsummers

Danny, thanks for the comment. There is no common connection I can identify with the IE8 machines, except their version of IE. The users/machines are on different networks, companies, etc. No custom code has been added to the site. Regarding IE extensions/add-ons, I can't answer this as these users are outside of my company. This site has been up for over six months.....its strange that this issue is just now surfacing.

Danny

Since the issue has only recently started, have you made any changes during this time ? Would it be possible for you to install a free application called Jing. Jing captures anything on you see on your computer screen, as an image or short video, and lets you share it instantly. Once Jing is installed, record the issue and then share the link to the recoding so we can see this issue first hand.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob

Two possible scenarios can cause this: 1. A plugin on the site has become deprecated and needs to be replaced or updated. 2. The browser has new updates that create conflicts with some HTML5 or CSS3 elements causing the site to break. Unfortunately, for this one, we'd be seeing some serious volume of complaints and we have none. Hence, my guess is No. 1. Check all your plugins to see if they're compatible and up to date.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

slsummers

Thanks rangelone. I keep my plugins up-to-date with One Click Plugin Updater so all good there. I've tried disabling all plugins and the issue still remains. Would I have to also delete them? Does any plugin in this list stand out as the potential culprit? Add Link to Facebook Akismet Constant Contact API Constant Contact API: Form Designer (Alpha) Disqus Comment System FeedBurner FeedSmith Extend Google Analytics for WordPress Google XML Sitemaps Mobile Menu One Click Plugin Updater Pagelines Sections Page Links To Simple CSS Lite The Events Calendar The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets WordPress Facebook Fan Box Widget WP-PageNavi WP to Twitter

catrina

Maybe an automatic update to one of these plugins caused the issue, but I don't see any potential culprits. It's difficult to say. You wouldn't have to delete them. I searched around and discovered that this automatic refresh issue is pretty common. Please see here for more info: http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/50509.aspx

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse