Sign in to follow this  
lmcmanus

image paths

lmcmanus

I'd like for all my images to be located in themes/WhiteHousePro/images/*.* folder - when I copy an image to that folder and then try to use a relative path on my page "*.* it shows a broken link. I would prefer not to upload images via the page icon, which then puts them in wp-content/uploads/2010/07 . Is this possible, and if so, what am I doing wrong?

bryan-hadaway

I don't think you needed to manually edit anything. Simple go to: Settings > Media > Uploading Files and make your changes there. Thanks, Bryan

lmcmanus

The reason I am asking about relative paths, mainly, is that I am creating the whole site on a test server, to be moved "live" soon. Will I have to change all paths manually from "www.test-*.com" to the current url? How does that work?

bryan-hadaway

Did you try using a relative path through the settings I recommended? Generally, it is best to build a WordPress blog where it should ultimately be, I understand for a number of reasons this may not be possible. But, this then means even regardless of image paths, you'll have to manually alter and change paths during migration anyways. This usually involves backing up the database, opening it in an editor and finding and replacing the old paths with the new one. Here's a WordPress topic on it: http://wordpress.org/extend/ideas/topic/relative-path-for-imagesuploads Thanks, Bryan

bryan-hadaway

I'm curious, did relative paths works in the options? Thanks, Bryan