Sign in to follow this  
renderinnovations

Custom Content Background not working in Internet Explorer

renderinnovations

Hi! Another IE problem here. I can't get the content background to show an image. To make it work for all other browsers I use

#page #dynamic-content  {background: url('../wp-content/uploads/2012/06/opacity3.png') repeat; !important }

I tried to use other css sources but I need to make sure the boxes have the background and the other sections. Any ideas?

renderinnovations

I've come to the conclusion, that Internet explorer is having issues understanding which is !Important verses, the pagelines style.css sheet and the custom. Has this been an issue before? Sometimes this happens sometimes it doesn't. My example has been tryign to get the content background an image, or a background color, but I ended up going in to the backend to change the .content-pad and the #branding .content-pad. I had the same line of code on the custom part of pagelines, but ie wouldn't read it. Does this make sense? Has anyone seen similar issues?

Rob

For one thing, if you're going to use the !important function, place it properly. repeat; !important = incorrect repeat !important; = correct To be sure each browser can access the image, give it the full URL, not an abbreviated one.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur