Sign in to follow this  
fintan

Spacing issue in Firefox with shortcode

fintan

Hi All Been round the houses with this and its got me beat so posting here. All and any help really appreciated. I'm using a background image (by using z-index) for gallery content so my gallery images run under my sub nav here In Chrome and Safari everything is dandy but in Firefox the content border at the bottom is running over the image and the text in the modal badge button is not centered vertically. Also the accordian shortcode I use here is not spaced vertically as it is in Chrome and Safari. To fix the border issue I tried removing the content border and adding a border to the bottom of my images but of course my border was then missing from the non gallery pages - then I tried unsuccessfully to do this sort of thing:

.geo-sunstroke body .hentry {
	border-bottom: 0px;
	}

.geo-sunstroke .entry_content img {
	border-bottom: 1px solid #f2f2f2;
	}

Of course all of that doesn't do anything for the shortcode issues - any clues? Thanks for your time - really appreciated. -- Fintan

Rob

Did you wrap the shortcode inside a unique div or class?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

fintan

Hi Rangelone Thanks for the reply! Um... is this going to be another RTFM moment? The Accordion is inside a Less Grid System span div but the modal is just loose after a closed ( in the html editor in WP). I went hell for leather into these smashing Less doohickeys and might have missed some vital piece of technical info about divs and classes - just point me to whatever I should have read up on and I'll stand in the corner and RTFM. Thanks again for your time and help. -- Fintan

Danny

Hi Fintan, For your gallery, why don't you use the grid system for your image and text. Instead of having to use a position absolute and a negative z-index. http://demo.pagelines.com/framework/tools/

Please search our forums, before posting!

fintan

Hi Danny Thanks for your reply. It was the only way I knew of having the images run under the nav like this, is it possible to do that with the grid system? That demo page is great and a well worn bookmark for me but is there a more in depth explanation somewhere (with examples) of how these tools fit in to the platform as a whole? Thanks again for your help. -- Fintan

Danny

Hi Fintan, What explanation are you after, maybe I can assist you.

Please search our forums, before posting!

fintan

Hi Danny Thanks for your reply. I sorted my spacing issue by topping and tailing my html with [pl_raw][/pl_raw]. My reply about 'a more in depth explanation' is more of a general request - prompted really by Rangelone's answer:

Did you wrap the shortcode inside a unique div or class?
. Although I really appreciate the time and attention spent in giving that answer there is an assumption that I will fully understand it - and although I get that it is inferring a possible problem with how I've implemented the shortcode that's to do with how I've used CSS in my HTML, for me as a self taught coder, 'learning on the job', it is more of a cryptic clue than an answer - now I wouldn't mind if uniques divs and classes were mentioned on the Demo page but they aren't! Rangelone's answer was the first I'd heard of uniques divs and classes in relation to implementing shortcodes. Now it won't have escaped your attention that as it happens the answer to my issue was indeed on the demo page. But there is no contextualized example that would have led me to it sooner. It not a big deal, but you know PageLines opens up a whole world of WP customization for self taught folks like myself (and I'm not the only one here) that we would have serious issues achieving without PageLines so we are often wandering into uncharted waters for ourselves. No ones looking for a free degree in web development, we all know where W3 Schools is and I'd hate for demos to be dumbed down but the odd primer here and there for the 'naive' school of coders would be great! Thanks again for your time and help -- Fintan