jallohmo

Blog Page problems

jallohmo

Hi Have an issue with blog pages. I??™ve created and deleted several pages I called blog when trying to set it all up I have assigned my pages correctly in settings>reading . Front page is home, Post page is Blog I have a page called Blog. This is assigned to my default template I have setup the sections I want to show in the PageLines Meta settings. When I click on the ???View page??™ (Pageline fern), I get a page just showing CSS code If I click on the ???Preview changes??™ button in the publish section of the edit page screen, it reveals my home page Any ideas whats going wrong?

Danny

Hi, This is because the Blog Page once set on Reading > Static page, means that your standard page has now become a special page by Wordpress. Therefore, if you wish to add sections to you Blog page, simply login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag and Drop > Blog. Once you have added these sections, you can then control their settings by logging into your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Blog Page. Save your settings and now view your blog page and the settings should have taken effect. Because the Blog page is considered a special page now by Wordpress, you can not click on the preview changes button like standard pages.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jallohmo

Thanks Ive previously made the changes you suggested above. I reviewed your suggestions above to make sure all setting are as I want Ive now viewed the site, but when I click on the blog page, still get a CSS page

Danny

Hi, I am not quite sure what you mean by a CSS page. I have tried to visit your website but it takes me to a Amazon Linux AMI Test Page. Can you provide a link to this CSS page please.

jallohmo

If you click on the link again when you get the amazon page, it will open up the site. Click on blog page and you should get a page with just code on it. (not the blog page)

Danny

Hmm, That's very odd indeed. How you set up your permalinks structure, can you take a screenshot of the permalink settings page please.

catrina

There is nothing abnormal about your permalink structure. I Googled your issue and found some insight but I'm not sure how it would apply to your situation. Who is your hosting provider?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob

Currently, I'm only seeing an Apache default page with only a link to Amazon AWS. That tells me you have no public docs; no WordPress and no PageLines installed. Once you have WordPress installed and activated, as well as PageLines, we can provide you with better assistance, Unfortunately, we cannot, at present, see this page of CSS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jallohmo

If you click on the link again after getting the amazon page, our site will appear

jallohmo

As a further update to the problem, Im noticing that im getting a page full of code when I initially click on any of my pages, but if i then refresh the page it shows up visually correct. Is this a caching problem?

catrina

It could be, but I'm not sure. Can you please clear your cache and see if the problem persists? I'm still seeing the Apache HTTP page. Also, can you please hosting provider contact support and ask them about this issue (it may be hosting-related)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jallohmo

Thanks. Will update as per your suggestions