Sign in to follow this  
jankowalski

hide sidebar for individual post pages

jankowalski

How can I hide sidebar for all indivudual post pages? i use pagelines framework. thanks

jankowalski

@Danny You didn t understand my message. Your solution is just for individual post isn t it? I have 200 posts so i don t want to set it individualy. Could you please reread my message?

jankowalski

@batman this is good track but i can only control Blog Page, Archive Page, Category Page, Search Results, Tag Listing Author Posts, & 404 Pages -otherwise known as "Special Pages." No layout option for single post blog page. Dear developers can we do something about it? @simon can you help?

catrina

I think you'll need to use CSS to hide all sidebars on individual post pages. There is no "blanket" setting for it.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jankowalski

OK, so any example how to make sidebar on all post pages only 150px width by css? thank you.

Rob

Without a live link to your site, it's difficult to provide an answer to that question. Kindly provide a live link and we'll be happy to provide support. Alternatively, use Firebug or Chrome's inspection tools to find, test and later apply the CSS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob

With respect to the global option request, Simon said: easy add a snippet that basically does...

if is_single() { make full width.... }

How you do that, I don't know. As you're aware, we don't customize code in the forum.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jankowalski

Live link? You must be kidding, have you read my question? It refers to any Framework platform, you should have one installed if you working on this forum. If not, please test it with PAGELINES FRAMEWORK DEMO. Regarding Simon solution, where do I add this snippet? thanks.

Danny

Why not simply set the default layout of your site to Full Width in Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Layout Editor?

Please search our forums, before posting!

jankowalski

Maybe because i don t want Full Width for all my pages but just for individual post pages? have you read the question?

batman

Hi You can Go to Pagelines > Page Option and select Page Setup on "Blog Page" "Archive Page" etc Also you can Go to Pagelines Meta Setting and change ONLY a Page set up one more Can you provide a live URL of your site? for see your problem. :)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Jenny

Since you have more individual posts than pages, you could always hide the sidebars by default (in Drag&Drop click "options" in the sidebar). Then on your individual pages that you want sidebars to show, you can check the box to show sidebars. However, I think this will make sidebars not appear on the blog / category pages. Just gotta figure out the best way for you to do this. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jankowalski

@batman I already replied to your previous message that you missunderstand me. If i do as you suggest, i will change layout for all blog pages (individual posts and main blog page) not just individual posts. I don t understand why (bug?), but it works like this. Give it a try and you will see. On that page i can control layout for Site Defaults Blog Page Archive Page Category Page Search Results Tag Listing Author Posts 404 Page But NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL POSTS. Blog page should do it, but it changes layout both for individual pages and main blog page. i want to have diferent layout beetwen main blog page (one sidebar) and no sidebar on individual page. @simple_mama Thanks, but your solution is not what i am looking for, i don t want to change architecture of whole site because i need sidebar on my pages and custom post types. I just want to disable sidebar on individual blog pages...

Simon

blog page is for the main blog page, with the blog on it.. not individual blog posts. Jenny gave you the best idea, set them to disabled by default the enable for the posts where you want the sidebar.