Sign in to follow this  
tcantor

Feature Thumbnails not showing and no transitions?

tcantor

The feature thumbs (below the feature slider) on the home page are not appearing- all I see is the pause/play button. Everything was fine on Friday, and all of the settings are still the same. Can anyone give me an idea of what may have happened? Thanks, Tara

tcantor

Also, the built in Twitter bar at the bottom of the site isn't working either, which is what makes me think it's a theme issue. I haven't made any changes to anything since Friday, when all was working as it should be.

Rob

On your static page, under PageLines Meta Settings, can you confirm that the "Feature Navigation Mode" is set to "Feature Thumbs..."? Each feature, I'm presuming, has an uploaded thumb of the proper size (not scaled somehow). Under Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Features there's nothing selected for "Feature Navigation Mode"? (There shouldn't be.) The theme doesn't change dynamically and with our developers off for the weekend, I can't imagine any mystery updates being pushed, particularly for PlatformPro. Thus, my conclusion is that it's likely a plugin has gone bad and is causing this issue. Please look over your list of installed plugins and verify that each is up to date (compatible) with the latest version of WordPress (3.4.1). Unfortunately, many plugins are created by hobbyist developers and not professionals. These are often unsupported and at some point, the developer stops updating. Eventually, the plugins become deprecated and break things within sites or crash sites entirely. It's advisable to conduct an inventory of each plugin after a WordPress update to see if the plugin is cited as broken by other users. Meanwhile, if the settings are all correct, deactivate your plugins, one by one and see if this resolves.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tcantor

Thanks for the response. The settings seem to be correct (though I don't have page options on this site, I know what you mean because I use Framework on another site). I checked the plugins. It didn't help. I also realized that the simple footer navigation is gone, as are the dropdown menus (dropdowns enabled, menu is correctly selected) that usually show on the horizontal top navigation area. Is there anything else I can check?

Rob

My apologies. I forgot you're using PlatformPro. Which version of PlatformBase are you using. The current one is 1.4.1. Your source code seems to indicate 1.0.4. Let us know. You may wish to consider updating your site to PageLines Framework soon.

tcantor

You're right. It is 1.04. But I don't see an option to get the upgrade. Is that available (and will it fix this)? I do plan to upgrade to Framework, I was just hoping to do it after I get back from vacation. Thanks!

Rob

Okay. To update 1.0.4 to 1.4.1 you need to log into your PageLines Launchpad http://www.pagelines.com/launchpad/ It will be available in the available products. This is a free update. The upgrade to PageLines Framework requires a purchase. If you're not-for-profit, please write to hello@pagelines.com and the team in that department will try to assist you. I think you'll find the capabilities of Framework far more impressive for your needs.

tcantor

The update didn't solve the problem, but thanks so much for the prompt replies. I wish I could figure this out.

Rob

Tara, Please login and create a new admin account that you can delete later. Please send it to robert at pagelines.com. I'll happily login Monday and take a look.

tcantor

Thanks o much for the attentiveness and help. I decided to upgrade to Framework before vacation; now I'm only having a few issues with the footer area and the text on features being a bit too small and gray. Is there an easy fix? Framework is pretty great so far! Thanks again for the help

Danny

Hi, So that we can maintain a search friendly forum for users, can you please create a new topic regarding your new issues and we will happily assist you.

Please search our forums, before posting!