Sign in to follow this  
fpthomas

Is there a way to make a click on a menu (instead of rollover action) redirect to a specific page?

fpthomas

Is there a way to make a click on a menu redirect to a specific page instead of waiting for the menu to drop down at the rollover? Right now the only solution I can find is to duplciate the content on the menu page.

Danny

HI, I am not quite sure what you're referring to, would it be possible to go into greater detail please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

fpthomas

Danny - I'm using the platform pro framework. Menus drop down when a user rolls over the name of the menu. For example, on www.urbanmontessori.org, rolling over the about us causes the menu to drop down. But clicking on the About Us menu (not on one of the drop downs) causes the user to go to an about us page. I'd like to be able to tell the framework to go to the first page in the dropdown list instead of reproducing the content on another page (thus creating two pages with the same content). Is that clearer? Thanks for your help. parker

Danny

Hi Parker, Do as I have done in the screencast below, simply remove the About Lazear menu item you currently have now and then add a new one using the Custom Links options. In the URL field replace http:// with a # and then in the Label add About Lazear and then drag and drop the menu item to the correct position. Once you have done this, position all the menu items you wish to have in the drop down into the child menu item position like I did the video below and then save your menu. http://screencast.com/t/QCw4vHTFD This will prevent the menu item being clickable and going to a page/post or URL.

fpthomas

Danny - thank you. i'll try it and post the results parker

Danny

Have you had time to try this yet Parker ?