Sign in to follow this  
zouleo

Text in excerpt is not aligned correctly.

zouleo

In PageLines -> Blog and Post settings -> Feature Post Excerpt Mode I have chosen "Left, in excerpt" 1zn6cly.png But in my excerpts, and in the author section the texts is not aligned correctly. Look at this example: 11i3hh3.png I haven't added any styles myself. What can be wrong and how can I align this text? Please help - thank you!

batman

Hi Have you a link to your site? You can try change in Pagelines > Site Option > Blog and Post The "number of words", for example 50 instead of 55 I resolve the aligned in my site with this intuitive way. :)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Rob

Zouleo, If your excerpt is wrapping, then yes, Batman is correct to change the number of words. Other methods might include increasing the dimensions of the image, widening the content area, etc. There are several methods. My favorite however, is to manually add the excerpt in each post, rather than relying upon automation. This also allows you to change the message, keep it to a specific length and communicate unique thoughts about the post not included within it. Think of this as the Twitter Message method (140 characters or less), where you can control the message length.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

zouleo

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried them and it partially worked for the excerpts. But it didn't work for the author info (se screenshot above). It seems as if the links below the info from the author is within it's own tags. Is it possible to solve this problem by styling it in another way?

Danny

Hi, I am not quite sure what you mean by the author info, can you explain what this is and how you added it please. As usually, the link below excerpt is a Read more.... link, taking your reading to the full post content. You could try adding this to your custom code and change the margins bottom value to something higher.

.alignleft { margin-bottom: 1.5em; }

Please search our forums, before posting!