Sign in to follow this  
karavaniere

Google Chrome logo issue

karavaniere

Hello there, I'm using PageLines Framework - Developer (Version 2.2.5) and need some help with the following issue happening In Google Chrome (Version 21.0.1180.75 and older) : - When I first load the website, everything's good with the logo in the fixed navbar. LSF8j.png - Then, as soon as I use the menu (fixed navbar or simple nav) to open another page, the logo's width changes for 1px. FzpXP.png - If I manually reload the page, it goes back to normal. - As soon as I change page, the problem appears again. The website is private only for now, so you'll need a username (XXXXXXXXXX) and password (XXXXXXXXXX). Thanks for your help, Fanny

Rob

Fanny, let me start by saying I have edited your post to remove the username and password and politely remind you that this is a public forum and searchable on Google. Never publish such information here as it will give others access to information you may not wish the public to see. I believe the reason this has happened is that you're using a scaled image, allowing WordPress to scale the image, rather than creating one of the exact size you wish in a graphics editor, such as Photoshop. When select browsers see images in parts of the page where no code is written to handle scaling, they will react adversely. Firefox handles this well, IE, Google and others do not always deal with these situations as neatly. When the browser sees the image initially, it sees it full-size, scales it down, but then with an action, since there's no provision to handle scaling in that action, the results become corrupted, resulting in a distorted image. When you take the next step, you're re-loading and the scaling kicks in again, which is why you see it fine sometimes, corrupted others. Solution. Use Photoshop to resize the image to the exact size you want. Upload the correct size with no scaling to your menu. That should resolve the issue for all actions.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

karavaniere

Thank you rangelone, Not only did your explanation did the trick, but it helped me understand the problem! Username and password were temporary subscriber access to the blog. I don't see how could this have been a problem. Anyways, they're deleted now. Thanks again, Fanny

Rob

Fanny, it's always just safer not to post login info of any kind publicly, but I see your point. Glad it's resolved. Please click "Accept" and if you wish, the green "Thanks" button if you're satisfied with my answer.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

karavaniere

Uh oh! Here goes my 1 px wide logo again... I guess it worked until I cleared the cache. Any other suggestions? Thanks again, Fanny

karavaniere

I added a width parameter to the css and it seems to work now.