Sign in to follow this  
itschelsea

What is the best way to create a shop with?

itschelsea

I recently installed the WooCommerce plugin to create a shop on my site. However, after adding a few products to my back-end, I am at a loss as to the best way to create a shop. I'd like my users to be able to view each category (ie: toss pillows, wall art, etc.) and then click to link to the number of products associated. Once they find a product, they can click & purchase. What is the best way to achieve this? .. Boxes, category page, carousel, slider...? Thanks!

Rob

Well, we offer a JigoShop integration, via our Store, which works well. Others have tried http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ecwid-shopping-cart/ which seems to work well, right out of the box. One of those might be able to show that information. I don't think it matters if it's on a category page or in a box... the issue is going to be getting the number in the category dynamically and having it appear somewhere to your liking.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

itschelsea

Thank you. I think what I meant to ask is HOW do I create a page which can be used as a shop? And what is the best PageLines tool to accomplish my above noted Shop scenario?

Danny

Both WooCommerce and JigoShop should create your shop page automatically. If you need assistance in setting up your shop, I recommend you review the documentation for either WooCommerce or JigoShop.

Please search our forums, before posting!

itschelsea

Thank you . Both of these suggestions only offer information on how to create products and their respective details. I am trying to format/create the page in which these products will be showcased until viewed/clicked by user. I am unsure of which PageLines tools would be best to format a Products/Shop page {incorporating the detailed product pages}. I'd prefer not to change ecommerce plugins, as I have already invested time into formatting my product pages (I don't want to switch over to JigoShop). I'd simply like to know which of the existing PageLines tools in Drag & Drop will allow me to format an organized a shop page where I can then add my product. (in the easiest, best way)

catrina

I don't think the tools in Drag & Drop are necessarily for organizing the shop page. Rather, they're for organizing the sections in page template areas that are a part of PageLines Framework. Since WooCommerce plugin isn't integrated into the Framework in that way, I don't think there would be a way to control the content set up in WooCommerce with the sections that are a part of Framework.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

itschelsea

OK, that makes sense. I think I understand what to do. Thank you!