Sign in to follow this  
forexcel

Matching Colors

forexcel

Hi all, how do i change my navigation background color to my header background color. In other words, can they be the same? Regards, Yvon

cmunns

Do you want the actual buttons to be that orange color or are you just trying to get rid of the black background that surrounds the navigation and goes up into the orange?

forexcel

Hi Cmunns, just the buttons. regards, Yvon

bryan-hadaway

Can I get a link please. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

Hi Yvon, You could add some custom CSS ...under THEME OPTIONS > CUSTOM CODE > CUSTOM CSS copy this and you'l get orange navigation items. ` #nav ul li a { background:#EC793F; color:#FFF; } `

forexcel

Thank you Cmunns, It works.... Have a great day. Yvon

bryan-hadaway

Good to see it was solved. Thanks, Bryan

forexcel

I am sorry guys i was not clear enough. I'd like the navigation color to change with the head color. If the head color is blue, the nav color should be blue. When head is red, nav should be red also, and so on.... Thanks in advance guys, Regards, Yvon

cmunns

Then you will have to duplicate the code I gave you and for each color you will need a new hexidecimal color and also to place a class in front of the selector e.g. #nav ul li a { background:#EC793F; color:#FFF; } For orange will become .bgorange #nav ul li a { background:#EC793F; color:#FFF; } and for red .bgred #nav ul li a { background:red; color:#FFF; }

forexcel

Thank you , Cmunns, There are 8 heading colors. I went to the theme's editor to get the color numbers. Could not find them...Will you please direct me to where i can find them? Regards, yvon Red Orange Green Pink Yellow None (Black) Grey (Default) Blue

forexcel

Hi Bryan, Welcome Home! Yvon

bryan-hadaway

Not sure I understand the color part; for colors already being used in the theme, if you're using the newest version of your theme, I don't believe everything is held with style.css anymore, but in theme.css which is held within the css folder within your theme folder, and is not reachable from the editor. Alternatively, but not ideal you could use a tool like this: http://www.eltima.com/products/free-color-picker/ Thanks, Bryan

forexcel

Since i cannot find any hex numbers for the Headers colors in the theme.css, i will have to backup my files, uninstall station pro 3 and reinstall it again. All i need is: the hex # used in the orange background header is #EC793F. Does anyone knows the hex numbers for the red, blue, green, pink, yellow, black, grey? I've also download the software from http://www.eltima.com/products/free-color-picker/, but it cannot be installed in my PC. I am using windows 7. Thank you all for the help. best regards, Yvon

cmunns

There are no hex colors because the colors in the theme are controlled with images (which is why there is texture and slight gradients). When I gave you the orange hex color I used a tool called ColorZilla which is an add-on for FireFox and applied it to the menus items. You will have to match the colors or guess from a chart to reach the hex colors that look best to you. There are many charts available online as well if you search hex color chart in GOOGLE

forexcel

thanks Cmunns, Bryan... Mission Accomplished!!!! Take a look at the site to see the result, if you so desire...http://www.caribmusicnet.com/ Pagelines' team is the best! regards, yvon