Sign in to follow this  
danielfinn

Trouble styling text on mobile device

danielfinn

I am wanting to style some text with selected words surrounded with the HTML big tag. When I do this the text appears correctly on a PC, however, all the text appears big when you view it on a mobile device. Ibelow is some example code.

I would 

Is there a way to fix this?

catrina

I think you should avoid using the tag when you want to increase the size of text because it doesn't play nicely on mobile browsers. Instead, please use a font size tag. Example:

[/code]

Change 3 to the number size you want.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

danielfinn

Great! Thanks for the quick reply. Could you tell me, what size does the HTML tag render the text within the page lines framework. I have left all typography settings at their default since I installed pagelines

Rob

I am not sure. You can check using Firebug. Probably 10px.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

danielfinn

Thanks for the response. I did try that but it did not seem to work. I used the following tag:

big bit

I also tried using just plain 1, 1px and 1pt instead of 1em. I tried all of these combinations with both a dash between font and size and with it removed. Have I overlooked something?

danielfinn

Yes please. I am still struggling changing the font size. I was using the big tag but later found it messed up mobile devices. I have listed the combinations for the font size tag I have used so far but do not seem to be able to implement it correctly. Is there a pagelines setting that I need to change? Maybe a setting that overrides typography styling unless it is unchecked? Or am I coding wrong?

catrina

Please try this instead:

This text is .[/code]

Change 4em to whatever value you want.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

danielfinn

Thanks! That code works great. If I wanted to create a CSS tag using this, as I am going to be using that font styling a lot, would I do the following: CSS tag

#mfb {
	    font style="font-size: 4em;
	}

HTML tag

big bit of text
[/code]

catrina

In the CSS you will need to use this:

#mfb {font-size: 4em;}

For further reference about font sizing, please see: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_font_font-size.asp The HTML is correct.

Designer | Catrina Dulay