Sign in to follow this  
omnimark

W3c validation error

omnimark

When we do clone of any section, like features, boxes etc, the section DIV ID remain same. The duplicate DIV id is a w3c validation error. Please suggest how we can fix....

catrina

Can you please paste the validation error you're getting? When I validate your site, I'm not getting it.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

omnimark

Validation Output: 1 Error Line 141, Column 55: Duplicate ID boxes. ??¦es" class="copy clone_2 section-boxes">

Rob

Edit the boxes you want, and add a custom class directly in the box settings. That will resolve this issue. It's under Boxes Custom Class

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

omnimark

I am not talking about the boxes id. I am talking about the Boxes section ID. i.e Group of 3 or more boxes.

Danny

Hmm, you're correct. I have reported this as a possible markup bug. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob

As soon as our developers have a solution, it will be included in an update release.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon

First of all, I dont see any cloned sections on your site. The reason why the section ID is the same is that it uses the section 'slug' or folder name as the ID. Take boxes for example, its in a folder called boxes, and the ID is boxes. If you look in the boxes CSS you will see some of it targets #boxes so if you changed the ID for the clone to say boxes-clones_2 then the css for the boxes will break. So if you want 2 sets of boxes on the page, and are really worried about w3c validating then copy the boxes section to pagelines-section/boxes-2/ and rename the section name classname and css references.

omnimark

Please check the source code again, you will see the 2 box section on the site....