Sign in to follow this  
clissau

Update to Pagelines made my site go blank

clissau

I just updated the Pagelines theme on a development site and once it installed it the entire site went blank. I can't login to WP now. Can't see the demo site at all... Nothing shows up... Just white. Not sure how to fix this issue and since I can't even log-in not sure how to even begin to try. Thanks for any help or guidance that you can offer! Casey

catrina

Can you please describe the steps you took to update the theme (the problem may lie in there somewhere)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

clissau

I clicked on the link at the top of the page that said a new version of pagelines was available. Then it redirected me to the update theme page and I clicked on the pagelines update to install. It then said it installed ok but once I navigated away from that page everything was gone...

Rob

In a worst-case, since you say you have no access to the Dashboard, FTP into your site. Go to wp-content/themes/ and remove the /pagelines folder. Just move it to your desktop or a folder in your local computer. Any custom CSS will still be in the database. See if you can then access the Dashboard. If not, then it's not related to PageLines.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

clissau

Got rid of Paglines and now I can get in to WP... but once in all the pages are still blank. If you'd like me to send you the creds through private message I will so you can see what I'm looking at. Thanks for the help!

clissau

I figured it out... Just deleted the update folder from the FTP side and updated my WP to the most current version. Then re-uploaded the Pagelines folder I moved to my desktop and magically it all seems to be working ok now. Thanks again for the help!

Rob

Well, glad we got you back in operation. At least you know it wasn't us!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur