Sign in to follow this  
danielputumayotourscom

EcoPro: Adding Rollover Color to the child menu items

danielputumayotourscom

How can I add a rollover element to the child menu items? www.putumayotours.com I'd like to use the same HEX color that I am using when rolling over the main menu items. Cheers, Daniel

danielputumayotourscom

Yes Bryan. I'd like them to be the blue color as the roll over in the main menu. Thanks, Daniel

bryan-hadaway

Try adding this to your Custom CSS: `#subnav ul li a:hover{color:#003893}` Thanks, Bryan

danielputumayotourscom

Added it, tried it, no go. Your thoughts? Thanks for all your help! Daniel

cmunns

Hey Daniel. It looks like you got all the rollovers blue, except for the current page item dropdowns. The appropriate selector is in dropdown.css line 53

danielputumayotourscom

Hey guys I'm back! So what I would like to do is have a hover of blue on only the drop down menus ie. why colombia, cities, blog, resources, etc. so that when the drop down menu appears, the items are hovered in blue. www.putumayotours.com If I could get instructions as specific as possible would be great. Thanks! Daniel

catrina

Hi Daniel, Do you want the background color to be a shade of blue on hover (since the links are already in blue on hover)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

danielputumayotourscom

What I would like is that the items in the drop down menus from the main menu have blue hover. At this time they are not. Example: Click on Why Colombia > Drop Down Appears > Roll over items. They stay gray, I would like a rollover of blue so that users know that they are selecting that option. Thanks! Daniel

catrina

In your theme files, follow these directions: pro > css > dropdown.css. Open the dropdown.css file and scroll down to find this code (it is at the bottom):

#nav.dropdown ul ul li a:hover, #nav.dropdown ul li.current_page_ancestor ul a:hover, #nav.dropdown ul li.current_page_item ul a:hover,
	 #nav.dropdown ul ul li.current_page_ancestor a, #nav.dropdown ul ul li.current_page_item a, #nav.dropdown ul ul li.current_page_item a:hover, #nav.dropdown ul ul li.current_page_ancestor a:hover, #nav.dropdown ul ul li ul li.current_page_item a{
	    background: #f7f7f7;}
In the background property that reads
background: #f7f7f7
, change the
#f7f7f7

(which is creating that light gray you see now) to the blue color hex code you want and save it. If the blue you choose for that background is too much like the blue that is set for the link, it'd be a good idea to change that to another color that coordinates.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

danielputumayotourscom

OK thanks for your help!

danielputumayotourscom

OK I tried this and this is not what I was referring to. I want the links to turn blue when the mouse over them in the drop down menu, I believe that is a hover right? Thanks! Daniel

catrina

Did you mean that you want the text links themselves to change on hover and not the background color?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

danielputumayotourscom

Yes that's is exactly what I would like Catrina. How do I do that? Thanks, Daniel

cmunns

?? Those are already a blue hover when I last looked.

danielputumayotourscom

WOW, I see that problem now...It's Safari! I opened up Camino and it works just fine. Is this is an issue with WP or the theme? Thanks for your help and sorry for the persistence. Daniel

danielputumayotourscom

It doesn't seem to work on Chrome either... weird.