Sign in to follow this  
jallohmo

Sidebars sections not appearing

jallohmo

Hi Im having problems with my template sections not appearing in my pages. This is happening for the sidebars sections i am using. I am using the template with left and right hand side bars. I have checked I have selected the equivalent template in the page meta settings and the sections in the meta setting are unhidden. When i refresh the page, only the sections in the header, temlplate, morefooter and footer are showing. Another point is that this only started happening recently after purchasing. I had no problems with sections and then something happened (don't know what) and now I have the problem described above. Any ideas whats going on as its causing a degree of frustration only just having purchased the framework. Thanks Mo.

catrina

First, can you please deactivate all active plugins (ones from WordPress and/or any from the PageLines Store)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jallohmo

Thanks. Have deactivated all active plugins (wordpress and pagelines). Have rechecked settings in page meta settings and refreshed page but still no sidebars appearing on the page

Danny

Hi, Would it be possible for you to install a free application called Jing. Jing captures anything on you see on your computer screen, as an image or short video, and lets you share it instantly. http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html Can you take screenshots of the following please. Your SB1 Template - Which can be found in Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag and Drop > SB1 Also make sure that you have the following sections active on all your templates used for your pages. Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag and Drop > Page Template (so it highlights blue) and then check to see you have the Content Section active. Do the same as above but instead of clicking on Page Template, click on Content Area, so this highlights blue instead and then make sure you have PostLoop Section active.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Jenny

Screenshot #2.. you need to add "content" to the default template, otherwise nothing will show. "Content" is all the stuff on your site. It is the reason that nothing from the "content area" from the same template is showing. You removed "content" so nothing displays. ;)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

jallohmo

Hi http://screencast.com/t/fgQybKFYQ The screenshot above show the page meta settings for the default template for the home page. As you can see all the sections are unhidden; I've selected the right hand side and left hand sidebars template. I have content written in the content box in one of the sidebars (screenshot :http://screencast.com/t/jJlLKkWoYV) but it doesnt appear on the home page when I refresh. Neither do any of the other sidebar sections which, from the screenshot, are unhidden. For example, the sidebar section 'twinshot' (sidebar1 in screenshot) i have included the correct URL to the video but again is not appearing on the homepage when refreshed

catrina

Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing your site to see if the sections appear.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jallohmo

Hi Have cleared cache. The Blog post templates are updating on the site as per my changes to the templates i.e showing sidebars, but still having issues with pages. Pages are still not showing the sidebar sections from the default template. Is it worth exporting settings and doing some kind of reload of the theme or resetting to default settings? thanks

Danny

HI, Like Jenny stated above, in your second screenshot, you only have a Content Box active in your "Template | Default". In order for your content which includes your sidebar to be visible you need to have the Content Section active like the image below. http://screencast.com/t/n6MSwizS

Please search our forums, before posting!

jallohmo

Hi Thats sorted out the issue. Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated Mo.