Sign in to follow this  
itschelsea

Cannot edit theme

itschelsea

As of yesterday, my PageLines theme has been un-editable. If you look at my site, all of the content is there {and somewhat in place}, but the configuration for the content background and text colorations are incorrect. When I go into edit both of those items in the Site Options, nothing is affected. http://casabella-designs.com I have already tried to deactivate my plugins ~ and have added no new plugins recently. I have, however, recently upgraded to the 2.2.5. Do I need to reinstall my theme? {if so, please provide detailed information - as I am relatively a newby} Or is there another recommendation? Thanks! Chelsea

catrina

Are the settings for the content background and text the only settings that aren't working properly? Also, can you try clearing your browser cache and checking your site again to see if the changes have taken place?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

itschelsea

I cleared the cache ~ nothing different. The content background and the text are the most noticeable settings on my site (they should be white, with the background only on the margins). The layout of the sidebar and footer menus are a bit off, as well.

catrina

Are you using the latest version of WP, as well? Also, is there any custom CSS added to your settings?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

itschelsea

I am using the most current version of WP. I have some custom CSS, but have had it for a while and had no problems. It is mostly for menu/font size/spacing & placement.

catrina

I think you can try adding CSS to help alleviate the issue with the menu issue (font sizing and style). How did it look before the problem started happening?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

itschelsea

The content area was white & approx 960 px. (including top banner & sidebar)/ Sidebar was approx 244 px. The menu lettering was gray (#AAAAAA), text headers were #218db5, primary links were #FF5200. I'd like the ability to edit this again down the road & make changes if necessary. If we use CSS will that be possible?

itschelsea

I have reset the layout and begun re-designing, and am still having the same problems as noted above. Do I need to reinstall the theme?

itschelsea

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Rob

Chelsea, try checking the layout editor, and color control. Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Layout Editor. There, make sure that the Layout Handling is correct as well as Site Design Mode. In Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Color Control make sure the colors are set in the proper places. Also go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets to ensure all the widgets are in the right sidebars. This sometimes gets messed up with updates. Check also to see if any custom CSS might not be outdated. That can mess a few things up.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

itschelsea

Thank you, I have already done all of that prior to your suggestion, with no results. This is the only CSS I have: (I do not think that any of this would create the page layout I am experiencing and lack of ability to edit?) body{} body { font-size: .6em; } #nav ul{padding-bottom:5px !important;float:none !important;text-align:center;} .navigation_wrap li{float:none !important;display:inline !important;} .navigation_wrap a{float:none !important;display:inline !important;} .icons{text-align:center !important;width:100% !important;top:65px;} .icons a{display:inline !important;float:none !important;} h1{font-size: 2.0em;} h2 {font-size: 1.5em;} h3{font-size: 1em;} h4{font-size: .6em;} h5{font-size: .6em;} h6{font-size: .6em;} #nav { font-size: 1.0em; } .custom li.widget {margin-bottom:-20px !important;}

Rob
;

is not CSS. It doesn't belong in your CSS area. It's a javascript and should be placed in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code in > Header Scripts under "Headerscripts Code" That can break your site because it's interrupting the flow of your CSS as your browser reads it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

itschelsea

Thank you. I made the changes as you specified. Nothing changed / returned back to the correct layout. Anything other recommendations?

Danny

Hi, Add the code below to your wp-config.php file, this should resolve your issue.

define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true );

Please search our forums, before posting!

itschelsea

Thank you - would you please provide detailed information on how to do the above recommendation?

catrina

You'll need FTP access to open your wp-config.php file. Does your hosting provider provide you with FTP access on their site (when you're logged into your dashboard) or do you have an FTP client?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

itschelsea

Thank you! Adding the code to the wp-config.php file worked. I found it in my FTP portion of my web hosting site. Much appreciated!