Sign in to follow this  
chzumbrunnen

How To create a sidebar menu with dropdown effect

chzumbrunnen    0
chzumbrunnen

Is it possible to completely do a custom navigation? I could use a custom menu but I do need more customization in that I need a flat list (no sublists) but the li of the parent pages (yes, those exist anyway) need a different class (instead of being a superior ul). And I want the menu to only show the first (or maybe first two levels) by default and only open the next level for the active menu item. Should I put a wp_nav_menu function with an individual walker somwehere in my templates file. That's what I guess would be the traditional way, but I'm not sure if this would be a bad idea in pagelines and another technique would solve this. Any hints on how to create an individual multilevel custom menu that looks exactly like the one here: www.switchplus.ch (see "Unternehmen" for an example with a additional menu) within pagelines or at least without disturbing pagelines would be appreciated.

Rob    547
Rob

If you check http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/ and find a menu you like, (preferably CSS3) and view the source you'll likely find the CSS to create the menu. Then, you can apply your menu in a text widget, applying all the correct classes and divs. Place the CSS in Custom Code > CSS rules or in the PageLines Customize plugin's style.css.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur