Sign in to follow this  
puterguy

Rotating Image in Header (like TwentyEleven with dynamic sizing in WP 3.4)

puterguy

Bought PageLines last week and have the following questions: 1. How to create a random image in the header section like found in WP2011 theme and with dynamic sizing header image as released in WP3.4? Images change on page refresh. 2. How to add PHP or HTML code in sections, i.e. insert code in section to randomize images upon page refresh when images have different names and sizes? 3. Which sections can Base Section (Pullquote) be used? Where I want to use it, it's not a valid section selection? 4. Cannot login -- PageLines says 'puterguy' username not valid, but it is the name I used when I purchased Framework 2.5.X. 5. Why does the 'Site URL' disappear when an error occurs filling out this form? TIA

catrina

1. How to create a random image in the header section like found in WP2011 theme and with dynamic sizing header image as released in WP3.4? Images change on page refresh. You can find a plugin that can do this in the WordPress plugin directory. I don't know of any off the top of my head, but you can search here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ 2. How to add PHP or HTML code in sections, i.e. insert code in section to randomize images upon page refresh when images have different names and sizes? Which specific sections are you referring to? (PHP may not work - PHP can only be inserted in template files) 3. Which sections can Base Section (Pullquote) be used? Where I want to use it, it's not a valid section selection? Where do you want to use Pullquote? 4. Cannot login -- PageLines says 'puterguy' username not valid, but it is the name I used when I purchased Framework 2.5.X. I checked and the username exists. Can you please try clearing your browser cache and logging in again? 5. Why does the 'Site URL' disappear when an error occurs filling out this form? I'm not sure why. I think because it just resets and it's required for you to enter the URL again.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

puterguy

Catrina, 4. Thank you, I logged in after clearing the browser cache. 1. I already checked out the WP Plugins. Let me re-phase the question: Using PageLines Framework, how is it possible to put an image in a section located in the header area? Is there any section which supports header images other than images sliders, like carousel or quickslider? All of the random image plug-ins require PHP coding, I bought PageLines hoping to get away from PHP coding. 2. Will check it out and get back later. 3 Base Section (Pullquote) in Primary Sidebar (SB1) If PageLines cannot accomplish what WP2011 theme easily accomplishes regarding image headers, I'm rather disappointed. Masthead seems quite inappropriately named -- not that you can do anything about it. Thank you for the very quick reply.

Rob

On Item 1. You can go to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop, click Header and select the Carousel or Features. I don't believe Quickslide is designed to work in the header environment. You may also simply a apply an animated .gif file to the branding logo.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur