Sign in to follow this  
tsalstrand

Exclude Page by ID

tsalstrand

Hi Mods and everyone! I just started building this site... I have the home page how I like it with the "modular" layout where everything is its own section. However, on the other pages (i.e. /the-firm/) I want to put a solid white background behind the main column. The CSS I use is as follows:

#column-main .copy-pad { background: white; box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #bababa;}

But when I do that it drops a little bit of the background behind the boxes on the home page. How do I selectively leave out the main page but include all the others? If not possible, then how do I use that code and select multiple page IDs? Thanks!

catrina

To use that code and select multiple page IDs, you'll need to look at the class in your page's source. For example, the page ID for /the-firm is page-id-15. If you look in the source for that page, you will see it and you will also see the same when you look in other pages. To apply multiple page IDs to the CSS code you already have, you'll need CSS that looks like this:

body.page-id-15 #column-main .copy-pad, body.page-id-NUMBERHERE #column-main .copy-pad, body.page-id-NUMBERHERE #column-main .copy-pad  { background: white; box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #bababa;}

Replace NUMBERHERE with the page ID number for the page where you want the CSS adjustment to take effect.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse