Sign in to follow this  
vibekestorm

how to differentiate the styling of Nav Classic from BrandNav

vibekestorm

We are building this site for a client - and we would like to make some styling on the Nav Classic menu and leave the BrandNav as it is right now. When I try to use CSS the BrandNav also changes. So my question is how we change the Nav Classic menu without changing the BrandNav with CSS? The changes we would like is to put some kind of frame around the Nav Classic and some background colour. Looking forward hearing from you :) Best regards, Vibeke

catrina

What CSS are you using to adjust the appearance of nav classic? The selectors in it may need adjustment.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

vibekestorm

I was planning using this CSS and just changing the colours (I copied from another of our sites). #nav .content-pad { background-color: #273758;} .navigation_wrap { border-bottom: 0 none !important; } .main_nav li a { color: #FFFFFF; background-color:#273758; } .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a { background: #FFFFFF; }

catrina

Ah, okay. The selectors aren't specific enough so they are also affecting the brandnav. For brandnav CSS, you'll need to use Firebug or Chrome developer tools to inspect your page and see what selectors are being used for it so that you can create CSS that is specific to brandnav. Firebug for Firefox is available here: http://getfirebug.com. Instructions on how to use it for CSS customizations are here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

vibekestorm

Ok, thank you so much - I'll try that