Sign in to follow this  
yngvenor

Translation of phrases for search results, tag, and category

yngvenor

I have a site that is in Norwegian. Now, all of a sudden, "Search results for", "Currently viewing the category", and "Currently viewing the tag" are in English, whereas the corresponding phrases for author and month are still in Norwegian. Unfortunately, I don't know when this happened. I just switched to the Ignite theme -- I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I can't find these phrases in the Wordpress file, and it seems there are no longer language files for Pagelines. Yngve

Rob

I'm not sure of those phrases come from PageLines or WordPress, but have you edited using POEdit? www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/17169/how-to-change-a-text-string-with-poedit.#Item_1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

yngvenor

I have searched the Wordpress language file for these phrases with POEdit, yes, but could not find them.

Danny

Hi, If you switch theme from Ignite back to PageLines Framework, do you still see these phrases ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

yngvenor

Yes, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the theme.

yngvenor

Yes, I have 32 active plugins, but all of these I've had installed for a long time. The thing is that I remember having translated these phrases myself previously, and as it turns out, these phrases were in the Norwegian Pagelines language files, which are now gone. (The version I am looking at, the one where I made the translations, is from 4 February this year.)

catrina

Ah, I see. What version of PageLines Framework do you have now? (The current version is now PageLines Framework 2.2.5)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

yngvenor

No, how do I get a translation there ??“ as far as I can see, one can only contribute ??“ and once gotten, how do I install it?

Danny

Hi, Select the language you wish to use and then scroll down and you should see an export option in the bottom left hand corner. Simply export the language, one with the extension ".po" and the other one with the extension ".mo". Upload both files to the folder "language" located in PageLines folder. You will also need to follow the instructions at: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language

yngvenor

Right, I see. Is there any way I can use my old, local Norwegian language file, that I have modified on my own? Could I send the whole file to you as a contribution, or will I have to add the lines one by one? Only 8 % of the text is translated into Norwegian, and looking at it, I can see that much of it is wrong or badly translated.

Danny

If you send your Norwegian language file to me - danny at pagelines dot com I will forward it onto our developers and see if they can add it to the translation center.