Sign in to follow this  
joan54

Postpins - multisite

joan54

Hi guys, I purchase the section PostPins which is pretty much what I was trying to do. Is there a way ... 1. to make it show the information from different blogs in multisite?...or 2. to add a RSS code so it can bring the information form other blogs? This really would make my day Thank you, Luis

Rob

Luis, Unfortunately Post Pins, as it says, pins the posts in the site. It's not designed to pull RSS feeds or posts from multisites. For those options, you need boxes, and use of an RSS reader to pull content from alternate sites or some means (I don't know what) to pull posts from multisites.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

joan54

Rangelone, Thank you for your answer. I've just get back from a trip and start working again in this project. I was able to use a RSS fetch. However, I have problems with the style. My test page is http://www.lacasarojas.com/homepage01/ 1. i was able to use a fetch RSS code and add some of the postpins style using iBlogPro5 as childtheme. 2. here is the code I am using that i placed on a ENHANCED TEXT widget: Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum. <?php if (function_exists('fetch_feed')) { ?> <?php include_once(ABSPATH . WPINC . '/feed.php'); $feed = fetch_feed('http://www.lacasarojas.com/video/feed/'); $limit = $feed->get_item_quantity(4); $items = $feed->get_items(0, $limit); if (!$items) { echo "problem"; } else { // everything's cool foreach ($items as $item) { ?>

Blog Plaza Principal

<?php echo $item->get_title(); ?>

<?php echo $item->get_date('F j, Y'); ?>

<?php echo $item->get_content(); ?>
<?php } } ?> <?php } ?> 3. the result is that I have only one column. The good news is that it takes the values of the postpins settings like width. Questions: 1. How can style it to accommodate one after another horizontal and vertical like three (or 2) horizontal, then continue in the second row, etc ? 2. How can I add a picture to the post using that RSS code? The post pins section is great but doesn't work multisite. I will be using postpins for every site and the info corresponding to that site, whereas i need to place information dynamically from the whole web to the homepage. The area I am working is the widget with the title named: Rojas Rojas, you will see I have one column but I want accomodate in 3 (or 2 columns). I will appreciate your help. Thanks, Luis

Danny

Hi, I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're trying to. If you're having difficulty using a plugin, you will need to contact the support team for that plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!

joan54

Sorry for the long description. I am not expert in this. Let me try again. 1. if you go to http://www.lacasarojas.com/homepage01 you will find a widget with the title "Rojas Rojas", That widget fetch RSS and I want to look like the postpins section that i also have. See pic postpincss.jpg 2. I want them to align like the graphic in red: 1, 2, 3 3. Is there a CSS code I can use? and wher to place it? That is why I included the code above that I am using 4 I am trying to make it work dynamically, so if i add more posts (that is indicated now by: $limit = $feed->get_item_quantity(4); ........in the code above), those posts should accommodate automatically. I hope this is more clear. Any idea? Thank you, Luis

catrina

Thanks for the mock-up, it is more clear. PostPins can't pull RSS posts from a feed, however. It's not a part of the section's functionality.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

joan54

Thanks Catrina for your answer. I know Postpins can??t pull RSS. It it is a great design and I am going to use it in every of my blogs. But I have multisite and I need to present what is there in the whole site: something like: Latest on xxxx, etc. Probably this can be a project for some of the experts at PageLines. So, I thought to use a Fetch RSS in a widget called "Enhanced Text" and make it look like Postpins. In there I added the following clasess:

Blog Plaza Principal

<?php echo $item->get_date('F j, Y'); ?>
<?php echo $item->get_content(); ?>
[/code]

catrina

To style these DIV layers so that they look like PostPins, you'll need to use CSS. For further reference, please see: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS. Here is additional CSS assistance: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse