Sign in to follow this  
Michael_J

Add a background to global site?

Michael_J

Hi. One of my clients would like to add a background image to the free space "outside" of the web site. I'm not sure what this area is called. I don't see an area to add this inside the template (I'm using iBlogPro5) but maybe via CSS?

Rob

Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Layout Editor. Make sure your Site Design Mode (2nd grouping down) is Full-Width Sections. Now, go to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Color Control. Scroll down to "Site Background Image (Optional) " and select the background image your client wants and set it accordingly with the options available there. If your client wants a single image that stretches to fit, then Supersize it, else, uncheck the option at the bottom.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Michael_J

Actually I only want the background to appear along the vertical margins of the web site. Those instructions seem to place the background throughout the site. Is this possible? Also, as mentioned, I'm using IBP5 and that does not appear to be an option?

Rob

Michael, do forgive me, but I'm not a regular user of iBlog5. So, here's the solution you simply add at the very top of your Custom Code in CSS Rules:

body { padding-top:0px;
	background-image:url('http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/FULLURLTOTHEIMAGE.jpg');
	background-repeat:repeat-x;}

Replace YOURDOMAIN with your website and FULLURLTOTHEIMAGE.jpg with the actual complete URL for the image, held in your media library.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur