Sign in to follow this  
paul_saccone

2.2.5 upgrade killed by site

paul_saccone

Upgraded to 2.2.5 and got this: Fatal error: Call to a member function display() on a non-object in /home/content/70/7973370/html/wordpress/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-upgrader.php on line 1385 Anyone know how I can get out of this mess?

catrina

Please deactivate all of your active plugins to see if the issue persists. If you can't do this using the Dashboard, you'll need to move them out of the plugins folder in your WordPress install temporarily using FTP (you can place them in a folder on your computer).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hcomerford

Same thing happened to me...well similar. Upgraded WP to current, then Pagelines to current and my content disappeared. I feel like it's simply about activating a section, but I am not familiar with the nomenclature of PageLines!! site is www.nlpworks.com. One very important page disappeared, but if I type it in I can see the contents... Very odd. Any help very appreciated!!

Rob

What plugins do you have active?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

hcomerford

Thanks for your quick reply. Here's the list: All in One SEO Pack AnythingSlider for WordPress AWeber Web Forms Category Order Dagon Design Sitemap Generator Easy Columns Embedded Video Enhanced WP-ContactForm Exclude Pages from Navigation Google Analytics for WordPress Maintenance Mode pageMash postMash Premise QuickTime Embed Twitter for Wordpress Ultimate TinyMCE Vimeo HTML5 shortcode Viper's Video Quicktags My designer had a bit of a time embedding video in the carousel so some of these may be from experimentation... The irony is I bought TwinShot Gallery and was about to install it...and now voila. Thanks again for any help!! h

Rob

One or more of your plugins is probably causing a conflict. Some may be outdated or not working with WP 3.4.1. I'd suggest conducting a plugin inventory check to make sure they're all compatible and/or not cited by others as broken. One plugin that's outdated, deprecated or broken can ruin an entire site. Do this inventory check by going to http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins and search for each plugin on your list. The essential information will be in the right side of each page. Some plugins are created by hobbyists who don't support their products after initial release. Those tend to break, so look at changelogs and version numbers. Serious developers update their products often. Amateurs hardly ever do it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

hcomerford

Thanks Rangelone, You may be right and I'll do that. What I really think however is the update 'weirded out' either WP or PageLines and reset the settings. The pages still exist, but they aren't showing up when you click on the various links at www.nlpworks.com The calendar shouldn't be visible - that should be a Twitter feed. Thing is I can't figure out how to get the actual content showing up again even though the pages are there and editable... ...am I making sense? Thx!! h

Danny

Hi, Try disabling all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue. Also be sure you check to see that you have the Content Section in your Pages Page Template and PostLoop section active on your Pages Content area.

Please search our forums, before posting!