Sign in to follow this  
wingsforweb

MUD-Theme: white-screen after import of settings file

wingsforweb

hey there, i have some issues with the installation of MUD-child-theme. after the installation via page lines store i followed the instructions f??r MUD-theme on the dashboard. i downloaded the settings file and imported it via "pagelines import/export" function. everything seemed to be okay. but after 2 sec of loading the settings-file safari stopped and showed me a white-screen - nothing to show! what can i do?

catrina

Can you please deactivate all active plugins? Does this happen in other browsers?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wingsforweb

hi catrina, sry about writing back so late. i tested it in safari 6, firefox 12 and chrome 21 - everytime the same white-screen after about 2 sec. then i've gone back and deactivated all plugins - the same white-screen. I also deleted the mud-theme and reinstalled it, followed the steps in the description on dashboard - the same problem. it`s strange because about 3 weeks ago i installed mud-theme for another website and everything worked. where there some updates for this theme?

Danny

Hi, Is the other website where MUD is working fine on a different server or hosted by another company ? It may well be a server issue. A white screen of death can be caused by a number of things but is usually caused by a PHP memory limit error. Would it be possible for you to enable Wordpress debug mode and see if this brings up any errors. To enable WP debug, read the instructions here - http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Debug

Please search our forums, before posting!

wingsforweb

hi danny, the other one, where mud works, is just hosted on another server but by the same company. maybe the php version is another one? i tried it once again and switched to 'define('WP_DEBUG', true);' but i still get a white screen after about 2 sec. but i think too that thats a php memory limit error because yesterday i installed it on my local machine and it works without any problems.

Danny

OK, well thank you for running so many tests, we appreciate it. It does sound like a hosting issue with either server configuration or PHP memory limit. Therefore, you will need to contact your host provider support and ask them to investigate.

wingsforweb

ok, i will contact my provider today. thanks danny, thanks catrina.

Danny

No problem, hope you get the issue resolved.