Sign in to follow this  
arno

"Text on Bottom" setting for Features no longer effective after upgrade

arno

Problem with the feature setting "Text on Bottom". It used to work fine until I updated to the current 2.2.5 version. Now the text/overlay covers the image - up to about 6-8 px from the top of the image. How can I have the proper functionality back?

Rob

Well, someone (not us), customized your slider intensely. The following code was found in your CSS using Firebug.

#feature_slider .fcontent .dcol-pad {
	    height: 270px;
	}

Changing 270 to 130 made the shaded area normal. There has been lots and lots of customization of your slider with CSS, so I'd suggest you check that.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

arno

Hmm, how do these customizations get into the CSS then? We entered a few changes through "Custom Code" on "Site Options" - but not slider customizations. The Text on Bottom and Feature height used to work fine until we updated to 2.2.5. This site is our test environment. Our corresponding production site is http://clearbon.com/credibles/. The Features appear there as desired. Production still runs on 2.1.6. The CSS on the production site appears to have the same slider customization in the CSS that you found. 1. Is the slider customization really the problem here? 2. Where do those customizations come from? The theme (Ignite)? Pageline plugins? Who generates this CSS? We would love to get on the current version. But it needs to work.

catrina

The CSS that Robert found is doing something weird to your slider. The way your slider looks now is not normal at all. Was any custom CSS added anywhere else?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

arno

No changes have been made since the move to 2.2.5. - compared to the functioning production site. Before, we had added something in Custom Code in Site Options. Mostly color changes. Nothing with sliders. Could it be an interference caused by Ignite? What to do?

batman

You can try this please, add to CSS rules

#feature_slider .fcontainer.text-bottom .fcontent { height: 80px;}

to see if it resolve your problem

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Danny

Hi Arno, You're using the child theme Ignite. Therefore, we are unable to provide support for any of your issues regarding this theme. To get the correct support, you will need to contact the theme developer, I have provided you with a link to the Ignite theme, which has the authors contact information. http://www.pagelines.com/store/themes/ignite/

Please search our forums, before posting!

arno

Thank you batman. Unfortunately, the custom CSS rule you suggested did not make a difference.

arno

Here the suggestion from the author. It fixed the problem:

There must be something in the new framework version overriding the css??¦I found that using the global override will fix the issue: #feature_slider .fcontainer.text-bottom .fcontent { height: 80px!important; }