Sign in to follow this  
f8lrebel

InstantWP great tool for local theme development

f8lrebel

Hello Everyone, I found this cooll tool called instantWP last night and I thought it may be of interest. I have included the description from the instantWP website. It basically allows you to install wordpress on a usb stick and makes everything portable. It includes an apache server, PhP, Msql, and PhPMyadmin, WordPress and more.I Installed the Pagelines framework on the instantWP server, and everything is working great. ???Instant WordPress is a complete standalone, portable WordPress development environment. It turns any Windows machine into a WordPress development server. It will even run from a USB key. ???Instant WordPress comes complete with it??™s own built in Apache web server, PHP and MySQL installations that are started and stopped automatically. ???Instant WordPress comes complete with a set of dummy WordPress posts and pages so that you do not have to create any data or posts to test themes and plugins. ???Instant WordPress is self-configuring, so it should not conflict with any software already running on your machine. ???Instant WordPress can be installed as many times as you wish and deleted by simply removing the folder that it is running from. Nothing is left on your machine. Components Instant WordPress 4.2 contains the following software: ???WordPress 3.3.2 ???Apache 2.2.15 (Win32) ???PHP 5.3.2 ???MySQL 5.1.46-community-nt ???All dummy WordPress content is courtesy of the nice people at http://wpcandy.com/ http://www.instantwp.com/download/

Rob

Thanks for letting us know about this. It seems it might be a good way to transport sites with you, from place to place. Particularly if you're working locally in development.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

f8lrebel

Yea it would be great to be able to carry your themes with you where ever you go becuase you never know when opportunity is going to strike.