Sign in to follow this  
amysinger

Images being shrunk in sidebar - how can I stop this?

amysinger

On the right sidebar, the "SPONSORED BY" section is showing the ads as tiny thumbnails. I just upgraded from Platform to the Framework and this is the result. The widget settings have not changed since it worked fine in the old theme, and I can't find any setting in Page Lines that's automatically shrinking images. It's also putting them in bordered boxes, and I didn't want that either. They're supposed to display in 1 vertical line, no borders. http://knittyblog.com Do you have any idea where this is happening so I can fix it? Thank you! A

batman

You can try add in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules

.post-meta .c_img, #page .widget_wp125 .wp125ad a, .widget_flickrRSS a img, .srp-widget-thmblink { background: none;
	                box-shadow: none;}
#page .widget_wp125 .wp125ad { float: none;}

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

amysinger

Better! Thank you! They're all in a vertical line now, but still are shrunk from their full size (160px width). The sidebar is wide enough to accommodate them. Are they autosizing into thumbnails? (Is that what "-thmblink" means?) How would I have them display at full size? Thanks! Amy

Danny

Hi Amy, This is because you're adding images that are 160px wide to a plugin that has been created to handle ad images with widths of 125px, thats why its called WP125. However, you can remove the styling if you like but this will effect all images added.

#page .widget_wp125 .wp125ad a img { width: auto !important; }

Please search our forums, before posting!

amysinger

Hi, Danny -- I know about the difference in width (125 vs 160) and had changed that setting within the widget when I initially installed it two themes ago. It worked fine in the regular Platform theme, but stopped when I upgraded to the Framework. In any case, your fix has solved it, so thank you! Amy